Phone volume

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by IamNameless, Oct 29, 2014.

1. IamNameless

IamNameless
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know how to make Samsung Galaxy S5 louder? I'm bit disappointed to my own ones volume level.

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You have a couple of choices. Buy different headphones. See if there are any solutions if you root your device. Get a headphone amp.

If you are using the earbuds that came with the phone and you think they are not loud enough then you are probably going deaf.

3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Or if you are using the earbuds that came in the box make sure that you are using the correct sized eartips

4. IamNameless

IamNameless
    Expand Collapse

I mean the PHONES volume, not with headphones.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Turn the volume up, then buy another phone. Or do what I do and rely on it vibrating in my pocket anyway.

6. IamNameless

IamNameless
    Expand Collapse

My phones volume isn't as loud as my friends phones so i want my phone to go very loud!

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Then buy another phone. If its at maximum volume there is fuck all you can do it about it.

8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well your phone will never beat another one that is similar to the HTC one m8 in terms of volume. Samsung tend to use mediocre speakers in their devices, many other companies such as HTC have far superior implementations of audio that both go louder and have better sound quality.
    If you friend has an HTC then go for camera quality since the galaxy has a nicer camera in my opinion.
    If they have an xperia then you could just mention that your phone is less likely to smash if dropped.
    If the have an iPhone then there are a million things that you could argue are superior about your phone.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The galaxy has higher megapixels, but the lens is so much better on the HTC. Far better lit and truly sharper images (ie, actually in focus, having a million megapixels doesnt help when the lens isnt focusing properly in the first place anyway).

10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

While I would usually agree with you I really think that only having 4 megapixels is not enough. While it looks fantastic on the device when blown up I much prefer the images taken with its competitors such as the z3, s5 etc. Especially with 4k on the brink of becoming a thing I think the camera should be able to take 4k pictures. If they had made it an 8mp camera I would be totally agreeing with you though.
    Usually on high end smart phones these days the mp number should be ignored. But when it's that low I really can't ignore it.

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

never had a problem with the camera not focusing on my GS3

12. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

just use a louder file as your ringtone. Also some apps have volume that is independant from the phones volume so you have to make sure those are turned up properly as well if that is what your issue is.

I just changed my ringtone to the dime pickup sound from Binding of Isaac and at first on the lowest volume it was deafening so I had to edit it and turn the volume down for it. You could do the same and turn it up for what you're using but turning it up can cause clipping and other issues.

13. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

Why'd you post it here, anyway? We aren't phone gurus.

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You would be surprised. You will find people who specialize in many weird and wonderful things on these forums.

15. IamNameless

IamNameless
    Expand Collapse

I have heard of few things that are been said that they work. Do they really work or are they just bulls#$%?

16. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

How are we supposed to know? Just try them instead of posting here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice