1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

A proper repository.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by argilla11, Nov 26, 2014.

1. argilla11

argilla11
    Expand Collapse

I know it's been said a million times but I think BeamNG really needs a proper repository. I saw one of my rinky dinky mods on a Russian mod site and I continued to browse and as it turns out, the Russian sites are actually really convenient and make finding and seeing mods a lot nicer than sifting through a forum. I feel like these Russian sites wouldn't do nearly as well if we actually had a proper repository that would out-compete them, which wouldn't be too difficult, these sites are better than the forums but they aren't great. It also would keep good mods from getting buried in other posts and the repository could require and provide valuable information for compatibility and other technical details, as well as a proper categorization system. Also with proper SEO for the repository we might actually end up on the first page of google when people look for mods. I don't know much about implementation but I'm fairly sure that there are templates available that can keep the time needed to a minimum. The russians would have never been an issue if we had one from the start.

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

yep, working on that :)

3. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I know i'm bumping a few month old thread but I was about to create a thread on this subject. this thread popped up in the "similar threads" box so I rather post here instead of taking up more forum space.

Any update on a repo Thomas?

Thanks

4. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget to include Steam Workshop support.

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Still working on the repo, don't worry :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not going to happen. Ours will be better than the steam workshop :)

6. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

Now that's a promise. I will give you my thoughts on whether I believe it's better or not when the game's released. Of course, I'll also give you feedback on which changes are needed in order to improve throughout the implementation process.

I strictly believe that any repository outside of the Steam Workshop should be directly linked in-game, so you're able to browse, rate and install all the mods easily, without having to fiddle around with the mods manually. The mods would be automatically updated too.

Accessibility is an essential part of success.

7. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Thomas for the reply.

8. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

is it written in ruby on rails

9. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Will there be some form of quality control?

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

He stated that already on some other thread. Yep.
    I think it's going to work like the RoR repo. User sends mod, the Admins will check the mod and decide to either approve it or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice