1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Tech demo - Nvidia optimus card

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Edvinoske, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Edvinoske

Edvinoske
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone, there is a bug in tech demo where it only detects my integrated card (Intel HD 3000 but still runs at around 40 fps) instead of my nvidia gt 540m wich has nvidia optimus technology in it.

It happens when i install d3d9 mods on some games it stops detecting nvidia card and i need to rename d3d9 and hex edit .exe file of game so it loads them :) (This may help, just saying)

Also i want to ask if there is good way to buy from lithuania if i dont have any cards?

2. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

Use the Nvidia control panel to force the game to run on the Nvidia card. (Program settings ->Add->navigate to the beamng executable->Set to high performance nvidia card.)

If you don't have a credit card your option would be to buy a prepaid credit card or get your parents to buy it and pay them in cash.

3. Edvinoske

Edvinoske
    Expand Collapse

Its already set to nvidia, it doesnt fix it, also there is gfx null in beamng config, it doesnt do anything.

I could tranfer money through bank myself but then transferring would cost like a second game. I hope i can find a way ;/

4. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

If you're getting 40 fps on grid map you're probably running on the Nvidia card. I only get around 80 FPS on gridmap with a 680m.

5. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

I am also not sure, I get about 25 to 40fps with the new gtx 750m. In the options it says I used the intel gfx.

6. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

Did you try manually forcing the game to use the Nvidia card in the method I mentioned beforehand?

7. Edvinoske

Edvinoske
    Expand Collapse

It will still detect integrated graphics even if you force it, minecraft had same issue when game was launching with intel card because it had program (2d) screen before starting the game, and after starting the game computer did not recognize minecraft as 3d program because first javaw was still running as 2d program, so they made launcher close and than the game run so it relaunches javaw.exe as a 3d application and nvidia detects it ( IM HORRIBLE AT EXPLAINING SORRY)

8. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

I tried, but since 10mins I am trying to find the option were to do it, but I still cant figure out even if the programm is so simple...
    My ability to think is just gone.

9. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

It'll always show in the menu "Intel xxxx"(mine does as well) but if you force it the way I told you to it will work correctly. You can check whether or not it's working by using an application such as MSI Afterburner.

10. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Same issue here as well with the GT630M. I will only get the HD4000 whatever i do. I forced BeamNG (BeamNGSandbox.x86.exe) to run with the high-performance gpu in the nvidia control panel, but i still get the HD4000 DX9, and not the dedicated geForce. I also have a "nullGFX" option below the HD4000, but i figured its useless. I also looked at nvidia activiy while running beamng, and while it displays that "1 program is using the gpu", i still dont see its heat rise (as it would be normal with a demanding game like this), and it wont clock itself up (as it does on every other game), so i figured its not active. All the other games are fine (Farcry3, Crysis3, GTA4, JustCause2, NFS MostWanted, Minecraft, and so on). But here it just wont utilize the better gpu. I get a decent framerate though (far from good) at about 20-25FPS, but i think thats largely due to the i7 and not the gpu. What can be the solution to actually activate the desired gpu for the game to "see" it? Are people having the same issues with ATI cards too, or is it just the nVidia cards? Maybe its something driver specific? I think it would be largely appreciated if the devs would give us their driver version that actually worked well, becouse the last updates (nVidia) were mostly beta drivers, and maybe theres a bug or two. I also did a massive google search about this, and before anyone would mention, disabling the "integrated" (HD4000 in this case) gpu is not an option for various reasons. Other workaround is needed

#10 thepeca, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  11. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

GUYS, It says in the option that it's HD 4000 or 3000 but it is running on the Nvidia! one way to check is to go to the Nvidia control panel, click desktop and then click "Display GPU activity Icon in Notification area" this adds a new box that tells what programs are using the Nvidia GPU. Come on you should know by now most games show the intel gfx :p Also 40fps on intel? That seems like a lot anyway

12. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

I also did that, but i did some other stuff too, and this is the only thing that shows that the nVidia gpu is active, and 2 other indicators tell otherwise.
    First is its heat : It runs 55C now, and when i run the game it only rises to 56C. At a game like this it should easily go up to 78-80C. That means its not doing anything.
    Second is its clock speed and voltage : Its pretty low when not doing anything with it, and it stays low in this case too. That means the driver wont detect anything that would force it to clock and volt the gpu to its "normal" working speed

13. Edvinoske

Edvinoske
    Expand Collapse

Bro do you even read?

NINJA

14. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

Mines at 60c while running and 30c at idle..

- - - Updated - - -

Took me ages to write and when I finished everyone else had already posted...

15. Edvinoske

Edvinoske
    Expand Collapse

Mines ~55C idle and around 80C On load, I dont have afterburner to see clock speeds and gpu temps when playing, but I believe thepeca

16. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Yay, got it fixed by the 320.49 WHQL driver! Now it clocks as it should, and the temps go up, just as i thought to 80-82C :)
    I also got a nice performance boost from 20-24FPS to smooth, over 30FPS :D I still have the HD4000 selected as the gpu, but its obvious now that the real GPU behind the scenes is the nVidia :) If anyone has the same issues, try the drivers first :)

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

17. TheAwesomeDJ

TheAwesomeDJ
    Expand Collapse

I have same problem with AMD/ATI. How to fix it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice