1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Email subscription

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Feb 12, 2015.

1. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We got some problems with email delivery recently: the customer support wrote back to people and they never received an answer :(

So i investigated the situation and it turns out that we send a LOT of emails per day (~100k) due to thread subscription via email option. I just disabled the default upon user registration to not subscribe via email, removed all thread subscriptions and changed all users subscription settings to not use direct email.

If you still want to get emails upon thread replies, please change this setting back in your user profile: http://www.beamng.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

2. Cira

Cira
    Expand Collapse

That would explain people in IRC saying they did not get a reply for days :(

3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We changed to a 3rd party email delivery service. Hopefully that will make sure that emails are reaching their destination now.

4. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

To be very honest i always found the thread subscription annoying, and even tho i did try to turn it off at both the RoR and BNG forums, it for some reason kept sending them.
    I don't think anybody will miss them.

5. mrboojay

mrboojay
    Expand Collapse

Oh good I was just wondering about this gald to know this issue is fixed. Also I am one of those people that would miss the emails.

6. TomWis97

TomWis97
    Expand Collapse

I had a pretty long list of mods I really liked stored in the subscriptions. (Using it like bookmarks.)

It is incredibly frustrating that this list is just gone, now. Without even warning me. Was it really not a option to just disable the e-mails, instead of just deleting user data?

7. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Sorry to hear :(

We'll move over to using the repository soon anyways, so the change would have happened anyways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice