1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can't setup controls (0.3.7.8)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by PrimeTheBomber, Apr 2, 2015.

1. PrimeTheBomber

PrimeTheBomber
    Expand Collapse

So, now we have a joystick setup ingame, and the game recognizes my joystick (A Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5) and notices every button/axis I interact with, but whenever I try saving a key/axis to an action it does nothing. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

2. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Currently you have to select the action after pressing keys/buttons

#2 Dummiesman, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  3. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Hello,
    There are several ways to create a new binding. Try the following one:
    - Use the controller button or axis that you want to assign.
    - Click on "choose action" button, then on the desired action on the right list.
    - Now click "save" button.

Now the new binding will appear on the right side, and the blue bar should move when you use the control.

If that doesn't work for you, please let me know what exactly is happening so we can debug the issue :)

4. PrimeTheBomber

PrimeTheBomber
    Expand Collapse

It seems to have something to do with the save button. When I press it, nothing happens. I managed to get one axis binded last night, but found that I mapped it to the wrong axis, so I closed the game and tried to map it to the right thing but it didn't want to map anything anymore.

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

You can try using the "Revert" button to revert to default inputmaps (or delete mydocuments/beamng.drive/settings/inputmaps folder), and see if you can try again.

If the issue continues happening, please provide the torque3d.log file.

6. PrimeTheBomber

PrimeTheBomber
    Expand Collapse

That did the trick. Thanks, guys. This thread will self-destruct in 5...4...3... (Or as soon as a moderator deletes it).

7. erik_m

erik_m
    Expand Collapse

I think I'm having the same problem. I've got a Logitech Driving Force GT and if I try changing the settings, eg turn the wheel, it highlights the steer_direct in the Global Bindings list on the right and the x-axis slider moves next to it, it shows "wheel0" and "xaxis" in the Modify selected binding panel. if I try changing a setting and click save, or even if I don't change anything but just click save, the xaxis slider in the global bindings list stops moving even though it still highlights steer_direct in the list (however the list doesn't jump to that heading anymore). The xaxis on the left under Hardware still moves. When I click Revert it goes back to the original settings and works again.
    I've had a look in the My Documents\BeamNG.drive\settings\inputmaps folder and when I try to save a new setting it creates keyboard.json and c29a046d.json files in it (I may have erroneously reported these files not appearing in my crash report earlier this evening...). When I click Revert, those files disappear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice