AI Cannonball Run anyone?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by HighDef, May 8, 2015.

1. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

I am suggesting that you all try the Desert Highway (iheartmods) map Desert-Highway-UPDATED-2-25-Powerlines! , in the editor, select all the decalroads and in the properties, set the drivability to 1 (set to -1 by default)

drivability.png

Then, bring up the AI App in the UI Editor, under AI Mode, press random and away they go all you need is to spawn another car in the Debug menu and its go get 'em time. They won't drive over bridges but I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the waypoints in the beamng folder.

I suggest trying different cars to match the speed of human driving against the AI driving, you will see what I mean. Hope you can enjoy this as much as I am :D

- - - Updated - - -

Bear in mind it crashes quite a bit but it works eventually for me and its really fun.

#1 HighDef, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

This section is for suggestions on game features, not things to do while dicking around in the game.

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

gotta love the forum police chief...

I think thats a pretty cool idea, must say....will have to try that out. Have not had much time to play Beam lately and i am very behind on all the new features. Sounds like it could be interesting however.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Technically the OP is suggesting we do this while dicking around in the game so it's probably all good. I'll confer with my
    attorney just to be safe.:p

5. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

that comment you just posted is ACTUALLY meant to be posted in the "off topic" thread since, you know, that was TOTALLY off topic.

/sarcasm

been trying to get that map to work, but it doesn't...maybe Im doing something wrong? Was my favorite map for a while....on the old, stable version.

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I haven't ridden this map in ages. I bet it needs TLC to run on the latest build.

7. jwrebholz

jwrebholz
    Expand Collapse

Nope. The map works just fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice