1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Mods with new update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by mfaughnan57, May 29, 2015.

1. mfaughnan57

mfaughnan57
    Expand Collapse

With the new updates, when I go to select a car, all my mods' names are unknown and I cant choose any different options for my vehicle. It was not like this in the past update but since I don't have pictures for all my mods, it is extremely difficult to find them. is there a way to fix this? Also, all my previous mod maps are gone except for dunsfold.

Also, I cant turn the freaking wheels of my car

Closing statement, DON'T RELEASE AN UPDATE UNTIL IT'S ACTUALLY FINISHED. THIS IS NOT AN EXPERIMENTAL BUILD.

Sorry for all of this but it just gets me angry that the devs are focusing on things like changing the menus and not on the actual game.

#1 mfaughnan57, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We are focusing on fixing the bugs, not changing the colors of the menus. The cars are broken because i think we use json now for the vehicle data which is not supported by most of the old things. Afterall, this is early access and an alpha version and we are still allowed to break things in order to fix them up better.

3. chrismak

chrismak
    Expand Collapse

I am having the EXACT SAME problem. I do think that they are focusing on the game itself, just not the mods. It does frustrate me that the mods are like this, because I have a ton of them, and have to guess which are which. The game is nice and all, but if all of the updates will make my mods not work, I don't even think it is worth having the game.

4. mfaughnan57

mfaughnan57
    Expand Collapse

Especially because there are not that many cars and props in the first place, and mods have really built this game up, it's sad to see that they are leaving them behind.

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We are not leaving them behind at all. The new repository should be ready in under a week, that should fix a lot of problems.

6. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Make a new file named Info.json in every car that has unknown as a name. and in the .json write this
    Code:
    {
    	"Name":"Name of car",
    	"Brand":"Brand of car",
    	"Transmission":"Automatic",
    	"Drivetrain":"RWD",
    	"Type":"Car", 
    	"colors":{
    	}
    }
    You will just need to make that for every cars that are unknown. and restart the game afterwards.

7. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Hi, is this happening on the official cars, or just on 3rd party mods?

8. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

the van for me at least.

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You turn and what happens? The steering wheel turn but the wheel not? Or no input is received?

10. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

the wheel wont turn neither the steering wheel.

#10 IBsenoj, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  11. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

If neither the vehicle steering wheel, nor the front wheels themselves turn (even after resetting the scenario with 'I'), then please head to the Controls menu, and look for "steer" in the search box. There should be the usual steerleft/right bindings (keyboard arrows by default), as well as any possible gampead or controller you may have.

Do those appear as bindings? If not, scroll down to the bottom and click Reset.
    If they do appear, please go to the Hardware tab, and check if your controller responds there (specially the steering axis).
    Can't see anything, did you forget to attach something?

12. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

I fixed the steering problem, thanks. :) the attachment is just gonna be a new thread.

13. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Glad you managed to get it to work :)

14. mfaughnan57

mfaughnan57
    Expand Collapse

I just tried all of these and I still can't get it to work. This is on official vehicles and mods. Is there any other way to fix?

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Delete your 'Settings' folder in MyDocuments > BeamNG.Drive

It should the input map back to default.

16. mfaughnan57

mfaughnan57
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to keep annoying you guys but I still can't get it to work. Do you think that deleting the game then redownloading it will fix it?

17. SeLJaK GaMeZ

SeLJaK GaMeZ
    Expand Collapse

Guys stop freaking out the game is still in early to mid-way alpha and things are expected to change it frustrates me but if it means faster development or smoother gameplay and easier menu to navigate i don't care and moders should be ready to update their mods as the game progresses

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Do you have a controller plugged in? Try unpluggin, removing the 'BeamNG.Drive' folder from 'MyDocuments' and retry.
    If that doesn't work, a fresh reinstal may help. Do this in this exact order:

-Unistall via Steam
    -Delete the 'BeamNG.Drive' folder from 'MyDocuments'
    -Delete the 'BeamNG.Drive' folder from /Steam/Steamapps/Common (If there is still a folder)
    -Reinstall.

19. mfaughnan57

mfaughnan57
    Expand Collapse

thanks, this fixed it. I did realize though that after i reinstalled my mods, it broke again.Upon further investigation, it turns out a UI app that I installed was the issue. Thanks for all the help guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice