1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Trailer hitch makes brakes useless

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by LIK3ABO66, Aug 20, 2015.

1. LIK3ABO66

LIK3ABO66
    Expand Collapse

Hi, when I put trailer after D15, the brakes are too weak. I can't stop the car :( It would solve the problem if brakes worked like without trailer.

2. mfaughnan57

mfaughnan57
    Expand Collapse

well in real life if you have a weight behind your car and you try to brake it will be more difficult because with more weight you have more momentum. So really, they're just making it realistic.

3. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

It's likely the trailer in game doesn't have any brakes meaning it is going to increase the stopping distance of that vehicle. Even if it was one with a braking system it is still going to take longer to stop it.

On another not never, ever, ever tailgate anything with a trailer. If it does have brakes (most do) it will come to a dead stop the second it disconnects if it happens to break and you do not want to hit that.

4. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I posted about this a while back, I uploaded a video too.

Its like the brakes are disabled with the trailer attached.

watch the pedal indicator show my foot hard to the floor and nothing other than engine braking slowing the vehicle down. I even pump the brakes and nothing. Only when its nearly stopped do the brakes kick in.

I then remove the trailer and apply the brakes and stop like normal.

#4 jammin2222, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  5. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Wow, the light duty truck with a disk/drum setup cant stop on a downgrade with a trailer attached? imagine that

6. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Imagine the brakes not being used at all untill you coast to about 10 mph...

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Add the same amount of weight to the bed, it stops fine, the trailer does appear to be interfering with the application of the brakes.

8. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Due to the rear of the truck lifting with the trailer attached, due to the trailers weight distribution. Remove the ramp from the trailer and allow the rear of the truck to be better planted and you'll see stopping distances vastly improved.

9. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, usually when someone posts a complaint about the driving they're just an idiot, but the brakes are screwed up.
    Might be that, although it would still be an issue.

10. RyMcC22

RyMcC22
    Expand Collapse

Funny you're so sarcastic about it, considering you apparently have never towed. A thousand pound trailer will not push you like that, rather it's a light duty truck or not.
    I tow 10,000lbs on a fairly regularly basis, and I can stop twice as fast as that from higher speeds on a steeper grade. It's clearly a bug.

11. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Note the 20deg downgrade. Though now i must agree, detach the trailer and push it around, you may note that the trailer brakes stop the trailer faster than the truck can stop itself.

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

For which the rear wheels would lock more easily, which they dont.

13. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Partially due to the abs on the truck, i believe, and mostly due to the bug outlined in my previous post.

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Which is what we've been trying to outline in the firstplace.

And my D15 runs no ABS (removed). On low friction surfaces the ABS tends to fail at doing much anyway.

15. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Pull up the brake torque graph, youll see that the trailer brakes are the only ones actually doing anything. Ive disproved my own rudeness, and for that i must apologize.

edit~
    brakes kick back in at 10ish mph

edit2~
    remove trailer brake, brakes stop working completely

#15 Stormdrain, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  16. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

That video makes it appear that the brakes are not working whatsoever. This may be a bug.

@Stormdrain, I don't think adding a trailer on your vehicle completely disables your brakes :|

17. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Yea definitely seems like something is not working correctly. You would expect the nose to dip if the trucks brakes were working properly and it doesn't with the trailer attached.

18. Michaelflat1

Michaelflat1
    Expand Collapse

have you tried changing to real automatic?

19. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Still feels like the trucks brakes aren't working in real auto. I'm kinda surprised none of the devs have popped in here with a theory. Maybe they are still testing it out to figure out if we're all nutso crazies or if it really is a bug. Sure seems like one to me.

20. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

@above posts

Theres no doubt left that this IS a bug. Pull up the brake torque graph in the UI, youll see for yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice