Is multiplayer on the cards?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DabeyG, Aug 5, 2013.

1. DabeyG

DabeyG
    Expand Collapse

Hello :)
    Something that I am passionate about when it comes to gaming is the community and the enjoyment that people can produce out of seemingly nothing when it's done together. My proposal is that we try to get multiplayer accessibility available early on.

When I see the astounding physics in the engine I think to myself how it would feel to see my friends car reeling off down a hill from a well timed "tap". Or the feeling of jostling realistically with my friends as we franticly race in the last few seconds to the finish line.
    My call is that instead of using up BeamNG dev time on something that I see as a beautiful luxury, that the interested and skilled of our community might be able to attempt to make something that people can mess around with and improve.

So the hope is that, if it starts to form early into the alpha, then people can create something easier to use and ultimately add some more awesome to an already amazing looking premise.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to feedback :)
    David

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Multiplayer is a massive undertaking. All of us want multiplayer - it would be amazing - but we have a lot more to do right now before we even think about starting on it.

3. DabeyG

DabeyG
    Expand Collapse

Would it be possible to have a forum sub section where people can talk about possibilities regarding multiplayer or genaralise it to game modes?
    It would be nice to start spitballing some ideas around and maybe help think for the future :)
    While trying to to filter suggestions for more concise additions?

4. fnughur

fnughur
    Expand Collapse

let me translate that for you.

"NO"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice