Cruise Control!?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by garyjpaterson, Aug 5, 2013.

1. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

*Searched and nothing came up so im assuming this hasn't been requested*

Cruise Control. Yes, i was playing with the debug mode 1, really cool stuff, should definitely be in the final game. Testing out 0-60s etc with manual gearbox vs auto, all that cool stuff. Then when trying to find out MPG, i thought wouldn't it be cool to have cruise control? Set it to 70mp/h, get great results for fuel economy?

Anyway, just a thought. Not really useful for most maps other then the basic grid one, seeing as you cant cruise for long periods of time, but a nice addition regardless.

PS. Keep it up, having endless fun with this! Really grateful to all the devs!

2. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

one would be nice anyway, I've jammed the throttle on some cars to chase them on Grid but the issue is they all top out around the same speed. so setting cruise for about 50 would be awesome.

3. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

I would love a car to go straight at 75. I think we saw that in one of the pre-release trailers. 2 grand marshels along side then one got hit and crashed whilst the other one jumped and crashed.

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Should be very easy to script in Lua :)

5. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

How would one go about doing this?

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You could go into input.lua and write some code that checks the wheelspeed. If it's greater than the target speed, set throttle to 0, and if it's below the target speed, set the throttle to some reasonable value, like maybe the difference between actual speed and desired speed divided by 5. This probably sounds complex but if you understand scripting it's fairly simple.

If you don't have any scripting experience I suggest you read up on some Lua tutorials around the internet (there are a lot).

Scripting it as a proper feature, integrated into the game, with a button to toggle it, would be quite difficult to do as 3rd-party add-on scripting. But you could try to code it yourself in a hacky way just to see if it works ;)

7. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Ah alright, I've used LUA before for Tap Tap Revenge :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice