1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Found and fixed the Alpha version download problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Aug 6, 2013.

1. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

So, i found and fixed the problem where our alpha setup would be downloaded as file "BeamNG-DRIVE-0.3". So it happened for Internet Explorer users, where IE apparently just leaves the .exe away (to protect the users?)

So we switched everything to delivering a .zip which contains the .exe and everything should work by now.

TL&DR: if you experienced download problems, please try again.

2. Snaapop

Snaapop
    Expand Collapse

Awesome. Thanks a lot :)

Approximately how often will there be an update? and will it be mostly bug fixes?

Thanks

3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We will push updates and bugfixes whenever we can: and we will announce them better in the future :)

4. Austin

Austin
    Expand Collapse

Changelog in the wiki? :)

5. driver1969

driver1969
    Expand Collapse

Glad you fixed it, i'll try it out tomorrow:)

6. Ghost777

Ghost777
    Expand Collapse

OK, so I put the Liscense in and it says FATAL ERROR check your internet connection( when it's on) Please help I really want to play this, I've redownloaded this and tried so many times I don't know if it'll work anymore. Can you please try to get this on Steam? It will make it much easier for those of us who know nothing about computers to get it. Thank you.-Alex

#6 Ghost777, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

When I downloaded it the .exe it created was called something like BeamNG_Drive_alpha_0.3_x86.exe Which I take to mean 32 bit. While this hasn't caused any problems since I haven't used more than two cars yet, I would like to use near all if my 8 GB of ram for better performance. Is here any way to get a 64 bit version?
    I put this here because it is download related maybe? I have no idea why it happened though.

8. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

we are working on a 64 bit version but still have some problems that need to be resolved before its ready

9. MrYoMeepler

MrYoMeepler
    Expand Collapse

download problem

So I downloaded BeamNG and when I go to set it up, it closes on me and it won't set up. I don't know what program I should be using to open it.

10. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's the difference between 32 and 64 bit operating systems/programs?

11. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I am not 100% sure, but I think it is how much data the system can process/address at one, 64 bit's max vs 32 bit's max. Also might have something to do with squares, 4GB is the max addressable RAM (turns out to be more like 3.3, but that's different.) on 32 bit, I don't think there is a logical limit yet on 64 bit. (512GB maybe?) I should stop typing, I have no idea.

TL;DR It allows the game to use more RAM.

I use 7-zip.

WOO!

12. Satanickookie

Satanickookie
    Expand Collapse

I tried to download and it said program not found. I'm really worried that i got ripped-off and i dont know how i will tell my parents... :( I really want to play it... do you need a zip file converter or something like 7-zip? please reply ASAP so i don't have to watch my mom freak out...

13. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It exists obviously, so I am not sure what the issue is. You should download the .zip, then extract it with either windows or 7-zip, then install from the extracted folder.

14. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

You are not getting ripped off. In the worst case you will get your money back, don't worry :)

To make it work, please disable any anti-virus and firewalls and alike as the updater contacts our server to get the most recent files. If it does not work our, you can download and unpack this updater_temp_fix.zip from that thread and put it inside your installation folder to make it work: http://www.beamng.com/threads/2054-BeamNG-drive-Alpha-test-download

15. johnjohn

johnjohn
    Expand Collapse

I opened my zip file for beamng and it said that the file was empty. Is there an alternative way to get my aphla setup to work?

16. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

17. Experiment77

Experiment77
    Expand Collapse

I have downloaded this program 9 times, and yet it still claims that the .zip folder is empty.

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

19. Experiment77

Experiment77
    Expand Collapse

20. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

try downloading with a different browser, try opening with different zip software (i suggest 7-zip)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice