Mouse Control

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by chainsaw, Oct 6, 2012.

1. chainsaw

chainsaw
    Expand Collapse

I would really like to see some form of controlling your car with the mouse. This would make driving much easier for those who can't afford to buy or don't want to use a steering wheel or gamepad. I much prefer to use a mouse to drive because I find it easier than a steering wheel or gamepad. I don't think it is too hard to integrate this into the game and LFS (Live For Speed) made a very fine example for mouse steering / driving

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

This would also be good for airplanes, I wonder if it would be possible to take one of those stupid 3-d scroll ball mice an use it XD.

I think it would be part of the input map

3. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

That would be pretty cool. They would need to make a little dot in the center or something so you know how to go straight. It would be annoying trying to find the center of the screen with the mouse to keep the car straight, then have to turn and do it all over again. :p

4. chainsaw

chainsaw
    Expand Collapse

Well like I said LFS pulled it off really well because when your in any 3rd person camera there is a bar at the bottom of the screen with a dot on it that moves when you turn. But in 1st person cam I think it's fairly obvious, you just look in which way the steering wheel is pointing. I is so surprisingly easy to control a car using the mouse and I just make accelerate and brake left click and right click so you can tap the mouse quickly to maintain a slower speed. Live for speed is actually free but to drive more tracks and cars you must buy it. It's not an expensive game anyway. You could try it yourself, just search on google; live for speed.

5. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

I watched some video clips (I can't download it at the moment) and it actually looks cool. I'd be interested to see if they will use it. It looks so unique but easy to control. I'd love to see them implement this into the final game! :)

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I had it a month ago but my xps died and I STILL haven't gotten it fixed. It worked well though and I think it would be good to add on a 3-D axis to that for pitch and roll and rudders and whatever is on a plane.

7. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

sounds like a good idea but they should have it so you can press ctrl to drag things (like in rigs of rods).

8. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha that's a good point. Otherwise we couldn't lift the cars into the air and drop them like they were falling from an airplane! :cool:

9. MoJoe

MoJoe
    Expand Collapse

Driving off the mountain side works too. hahaha

10. mtslittow

mtslittow
    Expand Collapse

I was just going to suggest that, and I totally agree with the idea of having mouse controls.

11. Sushi2

Sushi2
    Expand Collapse

Bump* - I want to see this happen!

12. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to bump this as well, but couldn't find the thread

+1

13. Bob Hoskiins

Bob Hoskiins
    Expand Collapse

I would like 'mouse-look' until (if) trackir support available.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It is possible, but you have to keep the right-mouse clicked :)

15. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

I liked the idea LFS had, the Left mouse button as accel and Right one as brake. Can be remapped as well of course.
    I use this setup in ETS2 as well, and is very playable good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice