Finished car mods

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Zoidbergs_Lv, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Zoidbergs_Lv

Zoidbergs_Lv
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I`m new here. Bought the alpha access today like 10 minutes ago. And I would like to download some community made cars. I know that I can find them in the showroom, but it`s hard to tell which one is done and which is a WIP. So I would suggest the mods to create a Showroom for finished community projects so it would be easier for people to find cars that are already finished. Unless there already is a place for that that I didn`t see. It would be awesome if you could direct me to it.

2. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

Well i can not exactly tell that you 100% bought the game. if you have done so, then you must have been promoted on forums and have beamng drive badge. click the link in email you got and you will be able to view all private threads.

3. Zoidbergs_Lv

Zoidbergs_Lv
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I clicked it when I bought the game as soon as they sent me the email. I can see the cars that are being worked on and some things I can download, but I went through all 3 pages and didn`t find any car that was finished and downloadable. Or was there some other link I should have clicked, because I got 4 emails from BeamNG: Activating membership, welome to forums, thank you for order and important info.

Also I clicked the download link that was awailable when I bought it, downloaded it and now installing it, but the instalation is stuck. It looks like it`s done, but I can`t click anything and there is no "Finish" or anything.

4. Eggtooth

Eggtooth
    Expand Collapse

Um, so where is your BeamNG badge?

Open this : Activating membership

and here you should have e-mail with activating badge.

5. Flegmatica

Flegmatica
    Expand Collapse

There is a window that popped up at the end of the installation where you need to put your key in, the key you recieved on your mail address

Some people have some kind of issue with the beamng.drive badge for some reason, it does not mean he did not purchase it.

6. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

Most are works in progress. What Goldhand was referring to was the account promotion. Look in the email with the license information, and in there is a link to upgrade your forum account. Click that, and you will see the BeamNG.drive under your name on the left. You will also be able to see the alpha access boards.

7. Zoidbergs_Lv

Zoidbergs_Lv
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea. I don`t know how it works here. Do I have go on my account settings and enter the serial or something? How do I get the badge?

8. Flegmatica

Flegmatica
    Expand Collapse

The mail you have, klick on the "Register or upgrade a Forum Account:" link, if it still does not work contact the staff.

E: There you go! :)

9. Zoidbergs_Lv

Zoidbergs_Lv
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, Zoidbergs_Lv. Your product registration was completed.

Lol, just as I post this, my badge appeared :) Thank you all :)

10. Flegmatica

Flegmatica
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the family! :D

11. Turtleman224

Turtleman224
    Expand Collapse

Where can I download some of them cuz ive got the full alplha thinggy but I go to the Vehicles part and look for ones to download but theres nothing!?!?!
    :(

12. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

As far as I know the only community vehicles released right now are Mythbuster's '49 Cadillac and Dkutch's crawler.

13. Zoidbergs_Lv

Zoidbergs_Lv
    Expand Collapse

Can we maybe get a "Released Showroom" or something? A place where we can find community cars that are finished so when we click on the car we know that it`s finished and ready to download. Would make our lives easier, because we don`t have to check the WIP cars every day to see if they are finished or not.

14. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

Released or Beta: 2 cars, 7 maps, and 8 engines and stuff so far.

15. Rob_G2102

Rob_G2102
    Expand Collapse

was just searching before i created a new thread (yes some of us do actually do that) and came across this, I agree with the other posts, couldn't the w.i.p mods be kept separate from the released mods?

16. tyl3r99

tyl3r99
    Expand Collapse

I agree, can we separate the WIP from the finished? are all the cars downloaded from the forums or is there a website?

17. DrBeat

DrBeat
    Expand Collapse

We could do with a repository like on rigs of rods !

18. MrDinkels

MrDinkels
    Expand Collapse

Sorry... I have no idea where to download finished cars specificly. Only in Community Showroom. :(

19. tvcBudman

tvcBudman
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. I honestly have found most of the cars to download for this game from people's youTube videos, not from the "showroom". It would be very convenient to have separate areas for WIP/Beta vs. Finished mods, so I don't have to go through every page of postings on a particular mod to find out if it is finished/released or not.

And, does anyone know any alternative sources for mods, separate from this forum?

Thanks

PS I did find this in my searches, have not tried any of them yet:

http://www.mods-download.com/beamng-drive-mods/

#19 tvcBudman, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  20. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Top tip, press the tags (WIP) (WIP-Beta released) and (released) and it will filter all the mods with that tag from the others. Works on any of the tags in any of the different forum areas :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice