1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG Drive "The Chase" [Short Film]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shrimpy, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Shrimpy

Shrimpy
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG Drive "The Chase" [Short Film][Now with Outtakes/Bloppers]

So I brought and downloaded the alpha the other night and read somewhere about the devs adding a cops and robbers game mode to the game, which got me thinking...............

Instead of a crash montage (which are always fun to watch) wouldn't it be cool to mix it up a bit and try produce a short film :rolleyes:

So I did and man was it hard work with the game still in its alpha stage and lacking some features which would of made this a lot easier but still I thought it was fun.

Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas for a sequel. Thanks

And of course what film wouldn't be complete without some outtakes/bloopers!!

#1 Shrimpy, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. CodeGlue

CodeGlue
    Expand Collapse

You gotta swap cars so the cops cant trace ya to the scene of the crime! Seems less sketch when ya ramp out of an industrial building and then they have no idea what hit em!

3. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

I can tell that the radio traffic is from a NFS game. :) Nice camera angles BTW.

4. Shrimpy

Shrimpy
    Expand Collapse

I was going to do a 360 no scope backflip but there wasn't a ramp near by so settled for a tokyo 120 no scope drift to add a bit of pointless action at the start :p The Italian Job is a great film *goes to watch the original*

TLTR: It looked good.
    Still TLTR: What CodeGlue said

Ahhh I thought them sounds sounded familiar, thanks for the kind words and stopping my brain from exploding. The camera angles were tricky because there is no way of setting a camera down to record and then drive as you would in the normal view, which made multiple angled shots of the same scene a pain!

5. Neobite

Neobite
    Expand Collapse

wow niceeee

6. lucky74dog

lucky74dog
    Expand Collapse

In a world where crashes are fake, and racing sims are boring, a group of four indie developers attempt to change everything. This is the story of crashes.
    THIS
    IS
    BEAMNG
    THE MOVIE

COMING SOON TO A YOUTUBE NEAR YOU

RATED B FOR BEAM

:p

7. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Nice use of my map :D

8. Shrimpy

Shrimpy
    Expand Collapse

Haha that is great *copys to notepad* I'll be getting in touch for when the sequel comes out so that you can promote it ;)

And a great map to work with, apart from the steep hill up to the bridge was a bit of a bitch to get up in the white van:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice