1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Haven't played yet (It's installing)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donutfreak, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Donutfreak

Donutfreak
    Expand Collapse

Well, I lied, it actually finished before I finished typing the title (holy SSD batman)

Anyway I figured I'd post here to say I preordered this only minutes after watching some youtube videos by GamersDissent aka Etalyx.

Simply put, I know a good game when I see one. Do I recall seeing a video demo for this a few years ago with a brown truck? Either way I'm very excited to play, I'm not sure why I haven't hit the submit button yet :p

At face value what would be your favorite part of the game? Personally the lighting engine caught my eye at first.

P.S. Now I have to buy a controller and I've already been looking at some. Any recommendations?

2. Xtreme

Xtreme
    Expand Collapse

My favorite part? Driving at high speeds towards object and hitting ALT+Down arrow right before colliding, then moving my mouse around to admire the physics.

3. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Yes, you did see a video of this physics engine a couple years ago, when it was running in CryEngine3 (It now is running in Torque3D) My favorite part of the game is the mod-ability, much like Rigs of Rods. Controller wise, go with the wireless or wired Xbox360 controller...can't get any better. (excluding steering wheels)

4. AnnoyingIB

AnnoyingIB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, get a wired 360 controller, bought one myself and I am very happy with it!

You could get a wireless one as well, but I have only tried the wired controller, plug-n-play :D

5. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Wireless one is plug-and-play too... and you never have to deal with wires or plugging it in!

6. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

hahah yes

But dude you forgot one thing:

Recording it and share it :)

7. Donutfreak

Donutfreak
    Expand Collapse

I can see after playing that the help menu strongly suggests an Xbox 360 controller is best, and you guys recommend it as well, but would a PS3 Sixaxis Dualshock 3 controller suffice? I prefer them in terms of size, weight, battery life, and USB support...

8. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

As of now you cant use a Dualshock 3 properly with BeamNG DRIVE without using an external program to make it emulate an Xbox 360 controller, AND unless you have a bluetooth adapter, you can't run wireless. so I still STROgNLY suggest you just get a 360 controller. But if you're really strict on using a PS3 controller, it is possible.

9. Donutfreak

Donutfreak
    Expand Collapse

I actually already have a 360 controller, I just gotta buy one of those $10 3rd party usb receivers.

10. adamtaa

adamtaa
    Expand Collapse

I would also recommend the wired xbox 360 controller. I had been watching this game for a while on youtube videos in connection with rigs of rods. I have always been a fan of any game that incorporated realistic physics simulation of crashes. As a result, when they announced the alpha, I purchased it immediately. The physics in this game are second to none and I have played everything I can think of in this genre that has any form of damage engine. Simply put, between the extensibility, and the simulation coupled with the low system requirements and graphical quality, I am a die hard supporter of this game.

11. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

using a wireless xbox 360 pad myself, no problems at all without a wire and its very comfy without it, as in cruising in life for speed while laying on the bed. ^^
    you just want to buy 4 rechargable batterys and a recharger with it.^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice