Transporting stuff - is it possible?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SpittyTheDude, Aug 12, 2013.

1. SpittyTheDude

SpittyTheDude
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I'm not really sure where to post this so I just go ahead.
    I had this idea of putting stuff like barrels or tire stacks on the bed of the pickup, or on the loading floor of the van and transporting it to somewhere else.
    It's kind of working, with some clipping issues and it changes the vehicles behaviour and often destroys it. Because of the weight maybe, I don't know.

The question is: is it possible to do things like that properly with the game engine?
    It could lead to some interesting gameplay, for example "bring these tires to the workshop, you have 5 minutes to complete the mission".

I experimented with the world editor and the results can be seen in this video, hope you enjoy:

#1 SpittyTheDude, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Deewad

Deewad
    Expand Collapse

Interesting...

3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The problem right now is with double sided collision - it only works well from one side. Things inside the cargo box will quickly clip through the wall and get stuck. We are working on a solution to this (it will involve giving double sided collision surfaces thickness)

4. SpittyTheDude

SpittyTheDude
    Expand Collapse

It's funny that there was no clipping through the bed of the pickup vertically, only through the tailgate.
    The van was much harder to put stuff into, it clipped through all the sides.
    I'm really glad that you guys are improving the collisions.
    Would it be possible to put a car on a tow truck, so that it stays on the truck(unless you drive too hard ofc)? :)

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

This is not supported *yet* :)

6. SpittyTheDude

SpittyTheDude
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I was just trying to get a glimpse of what we can expect in the future. :D
    Thx for your answers devteam.

7. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

I would be really happy with that. there should be some kind of a missions like this. x)

8. skymiracle

skymiracle
    Expand Collapse

Bro, do you even lift?

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
    #8 skymiracle, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  9. SpittyTheDude

SpittyTheDude
    Expand Collapse

lol did the cargo van move at all?

10. skymiracle

skymiracle
    Expand Collapse

You'd be surprised

11. MrSmak

MrSmak
    Expand Collapse

Hi, was thinking about what you guys could do, I was thinking you could incorporate different trailers into the game from big american-style ones to very small ones, which could go hand in hand with transporting things. People could also experiment with reversing, having to go wider around bends and feel the resistance going up hills, I think they would fit in well to this game, as there are very very few games where pulling trailers is available. I think it would be awesome if you could do this, thanks! :)

12. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

This is planned. Also, no need to go so heavy on the bold. But, welcome to the forums.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice