1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How do I update?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MonteCarbo, Aug 12, 2013.

1. MonteCarbo

MonteCarbo
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps I'm as dumb as a bag of rocks, but I can't figure out how to update to the newest version of Drive. Is there supposed to be an installer or something that pops up when I start the game? If so, I've tried closing and re-opening it a couple times with no luck. Is there a way to manually update it? Apologizes if I'm missing something ridiculously obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out. I'd appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Thanks for the time,
    Monte Carbo

2. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

Just go to your install directory, and there should be a .exe called update.

Enjoy!

3. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

Firstly thanks for purchasing the game! and about the update, there is an update.exe application, in BeamNG main directory, you just run it before you start a game to see if there are any new updates available. you can see changelog HTML document to see changes, and/or see the version.txt to see which update you have got. for example, for now my update is 190.

4. BNGD77

BNGD77
    Expand Collapse

Were is the install directory??

5. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

If you are using windows 7, then right click on the BeamNG Drive icon on your desktop, the click ''open file location''. that will be your game directory/installation folder.

6. BNGD77

BNGD77
    Expand Collapse

All i have is the BeamNG Drive 0.3 setup on my deskop and when i click on it it just wants to install it again and when i right click it doesn't show "open file location". I tried writing "BeamNG-drive" in my documents and then clicked "computer" and i found something called "updater" and when i double click on it it tries to install previous update which is fustrating and yes i use W7. Maybe thats the updater?

7. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

Yes how it seems it's the updater. now try to right click the updater you found and click show file location, it should show the game directory. if you want the shortcut of the game on the desktop, simply right-click the BeamNGSandbox.x86.exe and click send to - desktop.

8. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

there is a link to BeamNG.drive Update in your start menu

9. BNGD77

BNGD77
    Expand Collapse

Problem was i ONLY had the short cut of the game on my deskop and no icon for updater anyway i clicked on the file and double clicked on updater.exe.old and it installed the last update but when i double click on it now it doesn't do anything maybe because there is no new update...

10. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

Thats strange, did you try to open that update.exe's file location? or did u check startmenu, maybe the game launcher stays there.

11. nickr36

nickr36
    Expand Collapse

My Update.exe seems to be corrupted, although I have downloaded it off my email and reinstalled it several times with my AV and firewall off, proxy, Ran as Administrator Etc. But whenever i click on it to update it hangs up and finally gives up. In the update log file it had a "Hash Different" and could not connect to server, causing the update to fail. I spent $15 on this game, I would really like to be able to update it.

12. Charles Rabbit

Charles Rabbit
    Expand Collapse

Why was update.exe changed to update.exe.old

13. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

Mine does that sometimes just rename it and get rid of the old so it says update.exe

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You have your own thread, quit bumping other peoples old threads with your issues when you already have a place to discuss your issues.

15. nickr36

nickr36
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the help, I will make sure to do that.

Finding links with my problem and other people's problems is very helpful when trying to solve problems. Thanks!

16. zachs123

zachs123
    Expand Collapse

I cant find that in mine and im just about done with this update think its really frustrating trying to make this work :(:(

17. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

Download it onto steam.

18. zachs123

zachs123
    Expand Collapse

It's on steam but I don't see where the download place is for it
    :confused:

19. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

Hit download on this site up at the top and it'll tell you what to do.

20. charles22[Qc]

charles22[Qc]
    Expand Collapse

It works for me, thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice