1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

jbeam coding help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by DesertCanine, Aug 12, 2013.

1. DesertCanine

DesertCanine
    Expand Collapse

Hello! I'm trying to code some meshes that I have made with blender into the game. I have successfully gotten my frame mesh in as well as some triangles for it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add other meshes to it, such as the leaf springs, axles, and wheels that I have already modeled. At the moment all I can see in the game is my frame mesh. I suspect it has something to do with the the slot and group system. As of yet, I only have two jbeam files, my main one and the front wheels one.

Here is a screenshot of them, their directory, and what it does in the game. Parts of the files got cut off, all of the necessary brackets are there.
    uDaYo9r.png
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been referencing the existing code for the other vehicles, and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Just add another line in the flexbodies with the object name. Look at the default vehicle jbeam for example.

3. DesertCanine

DesertCanine
    Expand Collapse

OMG! Thank you so much Nadeox! You deserve a medal!
    grxNFyA.png
    Hmm, the wheels seem a little off to me, I wonder why that happened...

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You need to place the mesh correctly in the 3d software.

What I do i checking the wheel center node coordinates and snapping my wheel model to those coordinates.

5. DesertCanine

DesertCanine
    Expand Collapse

When I check my mesh in Blender, everything seems to align correctly. What's even more weird is that in game, the leaf springs and shocks aligned up perfectly, but not the wheels and axles.

74Yul8t.png

I think I may have found the issue. It wasn't with blender, it had something to do with the triangle nodes and beams that I had set up initially shown in my first picture. It seems that editing it also changes the position of the wheels and axles. I'll see about editing it so that everything aligns properly.

#5 DesertCanine, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  6. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Hi, that's is due to the position gizmo (pivot point for Alias). try to export in .obj, and after import that file into blender and re-export into .dae. That work for me in 3ds max, I hope it can work for you.;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice