beamng Used cars download

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by gtaman788, Nov 16, 2012.

1. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Hi maybe for the game you can download Used cars off the game site that members uploaded. Lets say you go to the site and type in Gavril D15 and you can get cars in modified stock needing some work dents/rust bad and parts cars like bad damage bad rust (if you add rust) engine failures burnt cars (if you add fire ).
    And maybe used parts.

And upload images

and cars don't sell out just a free save file but the gamer will need the car he want to buy or it will crash.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nighhawk01

nighhawk01
    Expand Collapse

Or you can have a car auction in game like forza 4:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It should be possible to save the "state" of a vehicle (node positions, beam deformation, parts configuration, etc.) so this may work. Interesting idea :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. B3AST1YCAK3S

B3AST1YCAK3S
    Expand Collapse

There definitely needs to be used car shop in the game :D, and be able to restore the cars.

• Like Like x 2
  5. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

*Throws money at developers so that they can create a used car shop*

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Woah, great idea. So if you are rich in-game, you can sell your car and a noob can buy it. ( ;) ) Me likey.

7. B3AST1YCAK3S

B3AST1YCAK3S
    Expand Collapse

Hhaha yes.

That gives me a whole new Idea what IF you could sell and buy cars online and trade with real people on the forums ahahha. Bg idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell yea man ill give em $500 if they promise to put in all my ideas ahahha. But if they wont then im not gonna donate that much cuz thats my PC upgrade fund ahahah.

8. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

A market like this, would be really awesome.

9. B3AST1YCAK3S

B3AST1YCAK3S
    Expand Collapse

An online market? or a used shop in game like SLRR?

10. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Both i think will be cool.

11. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Oh look, a really nice sports car. OH MAN! Brand new it's 100,000.. I only have 50,000. Oh wait, *opens up used car lot*, OH MY GOD! There it is, 35,000! Oh.. it has a small dent in the quarter panel but that's okay! With the repair kit, it should be easy to fix in a week or two! *buys it*

;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

yes, definitely. I love this idea :)

13. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

We could start with some old $1000 cars, then tune them up to do drag racing, awww yeah

14. B3AST1YCAK3S

B3AST1YCAK3S
    Expand Collapse

Yea man like SLRR. Thats what I want, A new version of SLRR with better physics and new and improved gamemodes and racing and such.

15. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

a community driven ingame car trading economy? I love the sound of that. There's a problem I'm foreseeing, though. Is that if its extremely easy to get new vehicles in-game to sell, we're going to have this influx of 10[SUP]100[/SUP] listed vehicles to sift through. Maybe sifting through a googol of listings is someone's idea of fun, but it's certainly not mine. It needs to limit the amount of sellers somehow.

if I'm trying to find in-game a stock D15 on the cheap, it would be nice if it didn't require going through a mish-mash of offroaders.

#15 Hati, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  16. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

You would need a rating system. (And, for the less enlightened, googol is a number) Like pickups with more than 600hp more than 500ft/lbs of torque and under $200 USD. ;)

17. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Then you'd probably need to cycle it through filters. The developers could have a list of predefined filters that you can search through and it'll be more exact. Maybe even support community added filters, like 'Beat up' could be a community made filter. Any cars that are really beat up would go there, or something.

It could look like:

ACTIVE FILTERS:

• Cars
    • Pigeon
    • Beat Up
    • Not Running
    • 600 HP

You could have the following options in different categories:

Vehicle Type:
    • Cars
    • Pickups
    • Large Trucks
    • Special

Car Model:

Cars;

• [*=1]Pigeon
      [*=1]Hirochi Sunburst
      [*=1]Gavril Grand Marshal
      [*=1]Gavril Bluebuck
      [*=1]Ibishu Pessima
      [*=1]Bruckell Moonhawk
      [*=1]Gavril Barstow
      [*=1]Buckrell LeGran
    Pickups;

• [*=1]Gavril D15
      [*=1]Gavril H15 Vanster
    Car Style:

• Flawless
    • Hand me down
    • Beatup

Vehicle Status:
    • Running
    • Minor Problems
    • Not Running

Specifications:
    You would have the ability to insert custom fields here, which would then search for the keywords:

• Vehicle Weight
    • Horsepower
    • WheelBase

___

Just an idea.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

This is definitely a cool idea to tie into the career mode, as long as there's no way to tamper with the vehicle files outside of the game and cheat (i.e. making a perfect condition souped up car for free and selling hundreds of duplicates for $1).

It'd be cool to integrate it seamlessly into the career mode - you go to the used car dealership and some of the cars are ones downloaded from the marketplace (as long as you're connected to the internet).

• Like Like x 2
  19. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Why not have the marketplace search for file integrity? Maybe setup the files so that when an individual is working on their car, they can have it selected as 'WIP' and it doesn't change the file over to a more secure one. Then when they are finished they can check 'Final' and when the game is loaded it switches the file over to a 'secure' file? If the file is secure and legit then it can be transferred to the marketplace, if in the event it's a normal '.truck' (for the sake of argument) file it's ineligible? Would need more thinking on that system. It sounds complex, but it's an idea.

EDIT:

Or another way is to have the vehicle integrity status saved onto a standalone, non editable file. Have it linked with the vehicle '.truck' and when it's present it means it's a legit version?

#19 David Fortsc, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  20. petey293

petey293
    Expand Collapse

There should be something like the 24 Hours of LeMons!

#20 petey293, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice