1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Need help installing 'BeamNG.drive-0.3-setup.exe"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by kittensmittens, Aug 16, 2013.

1. kittensmittens

kittensmittens
    Expand Collapse

I bought BeamNG.drive and clicked the download link that was sent to my email. It downloaded the file "BeamNG.drive-0.3-setup perfectly. So I put in my serial licence and the download bar reaches all the way to the end and then I get a fatal error "Can't Resolve Host Name". The installation still finishes but when I click on the icon on the desktop it tells me "Windows is searching for BeamNGSandbox.x86.exe. To locate this file click browse." Then it takes me to a popup saying there is a problem with the shortcut. It says that "The item 'BeanNGSandbox.x86.exe.' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?" I have tried unzipping the BeamNG.drive-0.3-setup.exe using winrar and that changes the icon to the next of it from the application file picture to the BeamNG logo, but I have had the same results when running both, I get the fatal error "Can't Resolve Host Name" everytime. I am running Windows 8 if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I DID download and play the test demo before buying the full alpha version.
    Also, I found a text file titled "readme" in the BeamNG.drive-0.3 folder (no BeamNGSandbox.x86.exe in the folder though) with the text "Visit beamng.com/alpha to purchase full alpha access:" I already downloaded the game and was wondering why it would say that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice