1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Video attempt #2!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Supraman92, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Supraman92

Supraman92
    Expand Collapse

I took all previous suggestions from the (kinda lame) video I made in BeamNG for the first time and put together something I think is a little more entertaining. Any and all suggestions welcome! Currently doing the editing with WMM and its a pain. But working with what I have. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRMtB-juzU0

2. sinbaadi

sinbaadi
    Expand Collapse

A bit of depressing music rather takes the "fun" out of fatal car crashes doesn't it?

3. Meral Harbes

Meral Harbes
    Expand Collapse

@Supraman92: As long as you're learning something with them, keep it up!

@sinbaadi: If you call "System of a Down" depressing you might want to open your mind to alternative things than what you're used to. A direct example: Why does it have to be fun? There are many emotions one can provoke with such a video, which are all enjoyable in their own way.

4. sinbaadi

sinbaadi
    Expand Collapse

It's a question of context. :) We crash these cars for fun, for laughs, that's what the game is for, my comment was not on the video particularly, only the way that a direct implication that the truck driver is depressed to the point of suicide changes the way you look at the game.

I don't mind soad by the way, although "most loneliest" always annoys me. :)

5. Meral Harbes

Meral Harbes
    Expand Collapse

Who is "we"? This is your way of seeing it. If you set "we" as the community of BeamNG.drive, then I am a part of it and this statement is already falsified. For me so far the game has not at all been about having fun crashing cars. I doubt that the devs see it only from that standpoint for themselves nor their costumers.

Calling this a "direct implication" is incredibly confident of you. This statement - again - is pure interpretation. I refer you back to my original post in this thread.

6. sinbaadi

sinbaadi
    Expand Collapse

Well what you infer from a video of a truck being driven off a cliff with music like that playing is up to you. For me it's obvious, and not at all subtle. If you think the message is something about climate-change or immigration then cool :)
    Anyway, I meant no harm at all with my first comment, it was purely my honest reaction to the video and you're being very argumentative about my opinion. Also I'm not quite sure who the devs have designing their costumes :p, but if soft-body physics car games aren't to be enjoyed in no small part by actually crashing, then what's the point? It's not that good as a driving game without that (IMO) and clearly crashing has been the principle selling point of the game (find me a dev video with no crashing in it, heck find me a single Beam video with no crashing in it.)
    Peace.

7. Meral Harbes

Meral Harbes
    Expand Collapse

I didn't take it as such. I hope you don't feel attacked by my counter-reaction either.

I am being argumentative about your restriction of other opinions, not your opinion itself.

Here again you imply to know the one and only reaction one could have to those scenes of the video.

I never sad anything against that. As if his video or I would provoke the opposite.

While I can enjoy the deformation of cars in a sandbox-simulation by itself - and from time to time I might do just that - this is only because it's a rather new phenomenon to many people, and does not guaranty long time entertainment. Please do not reduce BeamNG.drive to that.
    For me the destruction is way more beneficial as a realistic, "shocking" and impregnating outcome to my driving mistakes while racing around a track for a competition. Or in the future it might be a multilayer demolition derby...

Again I'm not saying nor did I say anything against that.

This one is also very nice, but contains a crash at the end:

Please not that the dev videos, which are about the soft body physics, do not all solely contain crashing scenes either. Especially the ones promoting the game as a whole.

I'd be delighted to create a big list of YouTube embeds here, but I think this will get to the point a little faster: Challenges Overview (Too bad this isn't as striking)
    Pick any of the threads in there, and watch any video. While a few of them might contain a crash none have them as a central point.

#7 Meral Harbes, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice