Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 618

Thread: GTA 5

  1. #301
    SleepyPickup
    SleepyPickup is offline
    SleepyPickup's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
    How can people be so stupid to think that's even possible. They'd have to re-rewrite the entire physics engine again, change the car customization to work with the old physics, make new handling lines for every single new vehicle. They'd then have to rebalance all the missions that involve cars, so that it's still possible to pass those...
    Hah, I was going to say the same thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
    Not to mention, the bodyroll in GTA 4 was ridiculously bad, and the cars understeered way too much. If people want cars to slide around like boats, yet not even have nearly enough power to hold a drift, they can go and decrease the friction settings in a PC mod later on. For me, I wasn't a fan at first either, but now that I got used to it, these physics are way more fun to play with than the ones in GTA IV. At least in GTA:V the lack of enough power to drift makes sense because of how much grip they have, and the bodyroll is much more realistic. I remember playing with the Dukes in GTA IV a few days before the GTA V release... That thing scrapes the underside of the car along the ground even if you corner at low speed.
    I disagree personally. GTA V reminds me of every Saints Row game, an arcade rpg that anyone can pick up and have fun with. You don't have to worry about being good at anything, the game almost plays itself. Hell, I enjoy V to some extent, but I'm also turned off a great deal.

    The biggest difference that people mistake, IMO, for a physics improvement is sound in V. If you T-bone a car in IV, it looks like you T-boned a car...but it doesn't sound like it. IV had crap for sound effects. But in V, if you even tap a car, you FEEL it. The subwoofer lets you know when you hit a car, my god, the sound feel in V is amazing. But your car will drive away like nothing happened, like an arcade game. I'd rather destroy the entire car because of a realistic accident, inconvenient sure, but I prefer it.


    Now you're definitely right in one sense, the out-of-the-box handling for GTA IV vehicles was appalling, a horrific experience that no one should have to experience. Like driving a wet sponge. But it was also very realistic for most cars... How ever bad it may have been.

    But, GTA IV handling is almost my favorite, EVER. I've spent over a year completely rewriting the handling code for every single car, it's utter and complete perfection the way I have my babies driving. Hours, days, weeks perfecting one car alone. Making it handle and perform identical to it's real life counterpart. The original handling may have been bad, but they give you the fundamental tools to create a work of art, a breathtaking driving experience that I had a very difficult time finding anywhere else. And of course I have my silly cars, my 900HP AWD drift missiles that set track times you wouldn't believe.

    90% of driving games, any driving game (NFS Shift, Forza...), makes the car handle like an arcade racer in some way. Not GTA IV, it reminds me of Beamng really.

    It's all personal opinion though.
    Last edited by SleepyPickup; 09-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    I drive an old mazda, it has a turbo. I touched things on it, now it goes faster.
    At night I use my laptop(>20FPS) During the day I use my desktop(<60FPS)
    'Top Speed' + Dedicated Crawler D-Series (One doesn't get stuck, one goes 800MPH)- Gavril-D-Series-Custom-Top-Speed-Dedicated-Crawler

  2. #302
    Christian
    Christian is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: GTA 5

    @SleepyPickup: I agree, that the handling of GTA IV was the best. The first time playing gta v I was shocked about the behaviour of the cars but when you play it some hours I have seen that it is NOT that bad. It may not be the best but it definetely is not bad.

    by the way: Has anybody seen or driven the car "Declasse Asea" yet?

  3. #303
    SleepyPickup
    SleepyPickup is offline
    SleepyPickup's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    @SleepyPickup: I agree, that the handling of GTA IV was the best. The first time playing gta v I was shocked about the behavior of the cars but when you play it some hours I have seen that it is NOT that bad. It may not be the best but it definitely is not bad.
    Of course, I don't want to come off like I hate it. I enjoy driving and playing V, It's like an arcade game, which are super fun.

    And the acid trip clown mission? Haha, omg.
    I drive an old mazda, it has a turbo. I touched things on it, now it goes faster.
    At night I use my laptop(>20FPS) During the day I use my desktop(<60FPS)
    'Top Speed' + Dedicated Crawler D-Series (One doesn't get stuck, one goes 800MPH)- Gavril-D-Series-Custom-Top-Speed-Dedicated-Crawler

  4. #304
    Mythbuster
    Mythbuster is offline
    Mythbuster's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,118

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyPickup View Post
    But, GTA IV handling is almost my favorite, EVER. I've spent over a year completely rewriting the handling code for every single car, it's utter and complete perfection the way I have my babies driving. Hours, days, weeks perfecting one car alone. Making it handle and perform identical to it's real life counterpart. The original handling may have been bad, but they give you the fundamental tools to create a work of art, a breathtaking driving experience that I had a very difficult time finding anywhere else. .
    I'm confused how exactly you come to the conclusion that, because you were able to tweak GTA IVs handling to a realistic state, that automatically means GTA:Vs handling is worse than GTA IV's driving model from the very essence, even though you do agree that, for the most part, GTA IVs stock handling was also horrible? That really does not make sense to me. I'm sure we can tweak the handling lines just as much as in GTA IV(and probably even more than in IV), and that we'll have more values to play with than in previous games.

    I remember reading that Rockstar(or some reviewer that played the demo? I'm not sure, something trustworthy at least) said that the handling uses many more different values to tweak, which, they said, makes it much easier to set cars up the way they want, and they said it would also allow simulator-like behaviour when tweaked by modders, or something along those lines. Regardless of why Rockstar would mention this(or how a reviewer could've found this out), Rockstar also stated early on in the games development in an official interview something like "We didn't so much change the physics, there is just more of it". And you can feel in GTA 5 that the cars use more advanced handling lines, even if they are less realistic in the stock game.

    Long story short, I'm sure modding can make GTA 5's driving model just as realistic, or even more realistic than in GTA IV.

    Also, I'm kind of interested to see when the handling files get uploaded somewhere. That didn't take more than a week with GTA IV's console versions...
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car than win by an inch because someone built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." -MOOG
    "A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it." - Walter Röhrl

    1949 Cadillac Convertible - H15 Supervan - "HellJeep" - JZX81 Toyota Chaser - DAF YP 408 - Seat Ibiza(?) - BMW E36 318is coupe(?)

    ​/_| O O \ (|||)(|||) / O O |_\

  5. one user found this post helpful: Deewad
  6. #305
    SleepyPickup
    SleepyPickup is offline
    SleepyPickup's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
    I'm confused how exactly you come to the conclusion that, because you were able to tweak GTA IVs handling to a realistic state, that automatically means GTA:Vs handling is worse than GTA IV's driving model from the very essence, even though you do agree that, for the most part, GTA IVs stock handling was also horrible?
    Ok, yeah you're right. I can't judge V 100% until It's out for PC and I can look at the handling file and see whats up. It's just...ugh that arcade racer feel just bugs me so much.

    But on a basic point blank level; GTA IV stock handling VS GTA V stock handling. I'll take IV hands down, all day long.

    That automatically makes me a super weirdo haha, but yeah.
    I drive an old mazda, it has a turbo. I touched things on it, now it goes faster.
    At night I use my laptop(>20FPS) During the day I use my desktop(<60FPS)
    'Top Speed' + Dedicated Crawler D-Series (One doesn't get stuck, one goes 800MPH)- Gavril-D-Series-Custom-Top-Speed-Dedicated-Crawler

  7. #306
    moosedicks
    moosedicks is offline
    moosedicks's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    on top of turd mountain
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Only problems I've had with driving so far:

    Cars like the 80's cadillac should be fwd but are rwd for some reason. There seems to be a huge bias towards rwd cars for some reason.

    Wheels lock up after crashes and looking at the wheel I can't tell why. annoying

    otherwise a ton of fun

  8. #307
    gabester
    gabester is offline
    gabester's Avatar Vehicle Artist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,522
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by moosedicks View Post
    Only problems I've had with driving so far:

    Cars like the 80's cadillac should be fwd but are rwd for some reason. There seems to be a huge bias towards rwd cars for some reason.

    Wheels lock up after crashes and looking at the wheel I can't tell why. annoying

    otherwise a ton of fun
    Yeah, there are a ton of RWD cars that should be FWD. At least they made the Premier (Chevy Cobalt knockoff) FWD this time around.

    Even the Bugatti Veyron and Nissan GT-R knockoffs are RWD :| As are most of the SUVS :|

  9. #308
    Candlekeeper
    Candlekeeper is offline
    Candlekeeper's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by gabester View Post
    Yeah, there are a ton of RWD cars that should be FWD. At least they made the Premier (Chevy Cobalt knockoff) FWD this time around.

    Even the Bugatti Veyron and Nissan GT-R knockoffs are RWD :| As are most of the SUVS :|
    That is probably because people who can't be bothered to learn driving in GTA has been complaining since IV and now they have simplified it. Heck, someone even complained that they had not simplefied it enough, how is it even possible to be that bad at driving in a video game? AAAArrgh.
    You no take candle...

  10. #309
    gabester
    gabester is offline
    gabester's Avatar Vehicle Artist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,522
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Candlekeeper View Post
    That is probably because people who can't be bothered to learn driving in GTA has been complaining since IV and now they have simplified it. Heck, someone even complained that they had not simplefied it enough, how is it even possible to be that bad at driving in a video game? AAAArrgh.
    The cars would be easier to drive though if they'd just made them correctly FWD or AWD.

  11. one user found this post helpful: Candlekeeper
  12. #310
    Masterjoc
    Masterjoc is offline
    Masterjoc's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Candlekeeper View Post
    That is probably because people who can't be bothered to learn driving in GTA has been complaining since IV and now they have simplified it. Heck, someone even complained that they had not simplefied it enough, how is it even possible to be that bad at driving in a video game? AAAArrgh.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the players.
    Lenovo PC: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz up to 3.46GHz, 6GB, RAM ATI Radeon HD 5750, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

    Toshiba Qosmio X870: Intel Core i7-3630QM (2,40 / Turbo: 3,40 GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 670M 3 GB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

    Asus Notebook: Intel Core i7-3630QM (2,40 / Turbo: 3,40 GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M 2GB DDR3 VRAM, Windows 8 Home 64 Bit

    User of xbox 360 controller.

    My Clan My Community

  13. #311
    Fradias
    Fradias is offline
    Fradias's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by moosedicks View Post
    Cars like the 80's cadillac should be fwd but are rwd for some reason. There seems to be a huge bias towards rwd cars for some reason.
    wait do you mean the emperor?


    (imported from here)

    No way man, Caddies only turned FWD in 199...1 if I recall correctly. That one is a propper RWD
    "I'd rather drive a car that's hideous on the outside but comfy and nice on the inside, than one that's gorgeous on the outside but has a stupid dashboard and a suspension hard as a rock" ~ Fradias

  14. one user found this post helpful: Macela94
  15. #312
    logoster
    logoster is online now
    logoster's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    on my pc (or was it Cali, i forget)
    Posts
    2,584

    Default Re: GTA 5

    sigh, social club is rediculously slow right now, having trouble getting into any of rockstars games that use social club for login
    i5-3330 @ 3GHZ | 8gb 1600MHZ DDR3 | 1tb hdd | Windows 8.1 | Intel Hd 2500 (soon to be gtx 760 SC ACX) |
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/logoster | My Website: http://www.lasvegascnr.com (Currently offline for server changes)
    My Car: N/A.... for now | Always up for beta testing anything (for example, beamng beta builds)
    Ford is Awesome, and always will be (My Opinion) | ASK.FM:
    http://ask.fm/logoster

  16. #313
    Mythbuster
    Mythbuster is offline
    Mythbuster's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,118

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Fradias View Post
    wait do you mean the emperor?

    http://www.beamng.com/images/imported/2013/09/244.jpg
    (imported from here)

    No way man, Caddies only turned FWD in 199...1 if I recall correctly. That one is a propper RWD

    Yep, Emperor and Manana are the correct drivetrain Was confused too, apparantly 80's Cadillac Eldorados are FWD, but the Emperor is based on the Brougham(the one James May had in Top Gear) which is RWD. Usually, you can tell by how much room there is between the start of the doors and the front wheels. If there's nearly no room, a car will have a transverse engine(ie sideways). If there's quite some room, it'll have a north-south engine, and will probably be RWD... Manana has even more room between the wheels and the doors., meaning that it definitely correclty has a north-south engine, and it's correctly RWD.

    Some cars like a 71 Eldorado are FWD though, yet they still have a north-south engine... So there are exceptions, but that amount of room is usually a good way to tell



    Confusing enough though, the car I'm currently modeling has about the same room between doors and wheels as my real life Seat Ibiza, yet the car I'm modeling is RWD(and the Ibiza obviously isn't)
    Last edited by Mythbuster; 09-23-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car than win by an inch because someone built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." -MOOG
    "A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it." - Walter Röhrl

    1949 Cadillac Convertible - H15 Supervan - "HellJeep" - JZX81 Toyota Chaser - DAF YP 408 - Seat Ibiza(?) - BMW E36 318is coupe(?)

    ​/_| O O \ (|||)(|||) / O O |_\

  17. one user found this post helpful: Fradias
  18. #314
    TheAdmiester
    TheAdmiester is offline
    TheAdmiester's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sunderland, United Kingdom
    Age
    17
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by gabester View Post
    Yeah, there are a ton of RWD cars that should be FWD. At least they made the Premier (Chevy Cobalt knockoff) FWD this time around.

    Even the Bugatti Veyron and Nissan GT-R knockoffs are RWD :| As are most of the SUVS :|
    I have a feeling they're all appropriately AWD, but not 50/50 distribution. On IV, almost every AWD car would spin its rear wheels. The best way to check if they're AWD is to flip them, wait for the wheels to stop and accelerate.
    I like how there are more FWDs this time around, though. The Premier and Ingot have been converted, as well as the Stratum and the new Asea, which I decided to tunn to the extrem:

    (imported from here)

  19. one user found this post helpful: BBQ
  20. #315
    ZeDDiE
    ZeDDiE is offline
    ZeDDiE's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: GTA 5

    onto some other stuff.
    the graphics are so beautiful.


    (imported from here)

  21. #316
    SleepyPickup
    SleepyPickup is offline
    SleepyPickup's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Meh, I can't agree. At least on the consoles, that's for sure.

    Lens flare, aliasing, fov and motion blur is all I see in V. Fancy Post-FX like in Drive. If you get real close to a pole or a fence for example, the aliasing is like a ghost of the object layered on top.

    Low draw distance for the textures as well.


    However, the ocean looks AMAZING. And the reflections on vehicles are fantastic.


    I think once is comes to PC and the settings can be maxed, minds will truly be blown.
    I drive an old mazda, it has a turbo. I touched things on it, now it goes faster.
    At night I use my laptop(>20FPS) During the day I use my desktop(<60FPS)
    'Top Speed' + Dedicated Crawler D-Series (One doesn't get stuck, one goes 800MPH)- Gavril-D-Series-Custom-Top-Speed-Dedicated-Crawler

  22. #317
    bosseye
    bosseye is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Initially I wasn't much of a fan of the GTA V handling, felt a bit too twitchy arcadey to me, especially after GTA IV handling which I considered a high point. However after a few hours the subtlety has grown on me and the different handling between vehicles is more apparent so I'm happy enough.

    The damage though, totally ruined. I'm not asking for BeamNG levels of deformation, but some would be nice if I pile into a tree at top speed. Cars do eventually start to fall apart and bend a little, but you have to seriously punish them to make it happen. Which is a shame, for a game where driving is such a central mechanic, the uber arcade damage takes all sense of weight and consequence out of it. Theres no tension to buzzing along, nipping in and out of traffic at high speed because if you crash there are no real conseqences. Oh well.

    The rest of the game is sublime though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepypickup
    Meh, I can't agree. At least on the consoles, that's for sure.

    Lens flare, aliasing, fov and motion blur is all I see in V. Fancy Post-FX like in Drive. If you get real close to a pole or a fence for example, the aliasing is like a ghost of the object layered on top.

    Low draw distance for the textures as well.


    However, the ocean looks AMAZING. And the reflections on vehicles are fantastic.


    I think that visually, its a stunning achievement all round. If you look really close theres a few textural cracks, but taken as a whole its phenomenal to look at. The attention to detail, the lighting and the sense of place is exceptional I think - its a very convincing environment. Agree about the water though, its a particularly good representation - waves and everything, and the subtle colour changes from beach to lake to harbour etc, really convince.

    And environmentally, from a British perspective it seems incredibly evocative large parts of the USA - I drove across the country a few years ago and everywhere I go in GTA V I see elements of my travels, so it all feels correct and reminiscent to me. Of course from an American perspective it might be all wrong which inconsistencies and errors, but it just pleases me to be transported back a few years to hot dusty nights at one horse towns in the desert, the sparkling lights of the big city as you approach, the smog over the horizon from Santa Monica pier etc etc....love it in so many ways.

    Hopefully the PC version will be easier to mod than IV was (I could never get any mods working)


  23. one user found this post helpful: SleepyPickup
  24. #318
    Davidbc
    Davidbc is offline
    Davidbc's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Barcelona, Catalonia
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1,910

    Default Re: GTA 5

    You can take selfies hehehe. I took this one on an alien party with some random people:

    Name:  0_0.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  34.0 KB
    PC: Intel i5 2500k @ 4GHz (1.195V) with Corsair H50 watercooling kit | Sapphire HD7950 3GB with Boost @ 1.2Ghz/1500Mhz (1.25V) | Asus P8P67 | 8GB G.Skill @1333Mhz | 500GB HDD + 1.25TB USB External | CoolerMaster 690 | NOX Hummer 750W modular | Logitech G9 with Steelseries 5L | Steelseries Siberia v2 7.1 | Acer V226HQLAbd 21.5" LED 1920x1080 | Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1

  25. #319
    Christian
    Christian is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAdmiester View Post
    I have a feeling they're all appropriately AWD, but not 50/50 distribution. On IV, almost every AWD car would spin its rear wheels. The best way to check if they're AWD is to flip them, wait for the wheels to stop and accelerate.
    I like how there are more FWDs this time around, though. The Premier and Ingot have been converted, as well as the Stratum and the new Asea, which I decided to tunn to the extrem:
    http://www.beamng.com/images/imported/2013/09/245.jpg
    (imported from here)
    One question: Where did you get this car from? Im looking for it but I haven´t found it yet.

  26. #320
    stephen f
    stephen f is offline
    stephen f's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: GTA 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    One question: Where did you get this car from? Im looking for it but I haven´t found it yet.
    You have to buy the sonar dock (upper left part of the map) and you'll meet a women there. You have to collect 30 pieces of a submarine. Once you collected all the pieces, go back to her and make sure you kill her (after you talk to her). It then should be parked up on the hill. Make sure not to lose it as it's one of the rarest cars in the game.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •