mechanical features

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by maddude99, Aug 27, 2013.

1. maddude99

maddude99
    Expand Collapse

What I am about to suggest might seem a bit different but I think that it would be a great idea. This game should have a more detailed engines in the cars/trucks/vans, so that you all could add a feature that allows players to build and create their own engines. I do not mean a little menu to upgrade the engines I mean actually purchase the parts and let the player assemble them. this would add a new factor to the game. instead of just when you crash into something your engine stops working, it has a status of reliability as of how much time and effort you put into making said engine. I think this would be great for multiplayer and in just any case. now I should probably specify what assemble ourselves means. what I mean by letting the player build it is not just drag and drop I mean like you have to screw everything down bolt it all down and keep put fluids in it and basic car care. this would add a really unique atmosphere to when you are racing or driving in general. imagine you just built an engine and it has some reliability issues, if could all of sudden stop running, you would have two options at this point. option 1 see if you can not start the engine yourself by means you would try in real life, option 2 you can go to lets say your garage and tear apart the engine and see what needs to be replaced or fixed. your engine could just overheat or it could end up breaking the fly wheel and you would have to fix that in your garage or editor. think about how cool this would be to have your own engine that you could name and maybe put up for download on the website or in the game. please respond back with comments and suggestions.

2. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Not gonna happen. We don't have the computational power to simulate individual components in an engine. Furthermore, an "engine creator" with all the bits in it would require stupid amounts of resources, time, and work.

Ever played Real Racing 3? Having to overhaul your engine after 10 minutes of driving made me want to kill myself.

3. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I cannot see this in Drive, due to having to many moving parts. Like what Zappy said
    . Way to much time putting it to make that work. And Zappy your right, driving Real Racing 3, just driving the car one lap requires engine repair, I don't want to see that in Drive. But hey you had a good ideal though. ;)

4. maddude99

maddude99
    Expand Collapse

it was just an idea

5. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

a very run down version of this would be nice, I'm sure in an early post of mine I detailed the system I'd like to see and it seemed to have alot of community approval. but that was more based on what you said you don't want. Most of what you mentioned won't need simulating physically if you don't mind animations, but would be an entire game in of itself. Its not for everyone, and not really for me. as an optional mod or DLC, sure.

6. SkinnierSteve

SkinnierSteve
    Expand Collapse

That sounds so awesome! I always wanted to play a game like that! They really should implement that!

7. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

Good job, you just bumped a year-old thread.

8. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Better than creating a new thread for something that has already been asked.

9. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I totally love the idea of building your own drivetrain, but when it comes down to it I would like it to be a bit easier. Body editing is something that would be great to be able to do in game. However, I want it to be a little easier to build a badass motor so that I can beat the shit out of it ASAP.

10. HellShell

HellShell
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

this is a good idea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice