Cancelled 1978 Zen Miza

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by FastestClassic, Aug 28, 2013.

1. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Well, I got this idea while bored in my math class.
    And I realized it may be pretty good.

It's called the Zen Miza.
    It's a Japanese hatchback from the late '70s. It will have a stock version (of course), a Sport version, and a Rally version. At some point, at least.

To give you an idea of what it's (probably) going to look like: it's a bit of a cross between a 1983 Peugeot 205 GTI (body shape, front grille & engine), a 1973 AMC Gremlin (some body shape & styling), a 1976 AMC Pacer (also some body shape & styling), a 1972 Nissan Skyline C110 (rear lights/bumper & some of the front light design) and a 1964 Studebaker Avanti (similar front fascia & front body shape). Yeah, pretty strange combo there, I know.

So, here's a really early WIP piece: the hood.
    CrapHood.PNG
    And wireframe.
    CrapHood_Mesh.PNG
    I drew up some front/rear/side views of the car on paper, I'll scan those and put them up here (and on my blog [check my signature]) within a few days as I finish them.

Updates will be posted here and on my blog (once again, check my signature).

This just happens to be my first actual model. I got Autodesk Maya working on my computer (finally!), and I've used it before, just never to make a model from scratch. So please, cut me some slack. ;)
    For now, I'm also going to use the Ibishu Covet frame as a base. Hope you're ok with that, gabe :)
    I'm gonna need some help when I get to the n/b though. If anyone could help when I'm done with the modeling, that'd be great.

Finally, I need to let you guys know: updates on this thing may be infrequent or take a while. This is partially due to the fact that I'm pretty much new to modelling, but also to the fact that I'm in school. And school means I don't have much free time for stuff like this. I'll try and update this as much as possible, however.

Feel free to share your thoughts. Be brutally honest if you have to, I won't mind :eek:

EDIT: I'm also going to need some ideas as to the layout/specs of the car (where the engine should go, drive type, engine type, etc)

UPDATE 1: View post #9.
    UPDATE 2: View post #13.

#1 FastestClassic, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Re: 1982 Zen Mizu

Oooh. Can't wait :D

3. Pyroxyde

Pyroxyde
    Expand Collapse

Re: 1982 Zen Miza

Wow ! It's sounds funny ! :D
    I'm in a hurry to destroy this one ! :p

4. Mitki4a

Mitki4a
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait to see your drawings, because I'm also car drawing enthusiast!About the engine I think it should be something like a small japanese boxer.:)

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

You must be pretty smart then. But boredom in class can go both ways... ;)

It's looking pretty good already.

I'm sure he'd be more than happy to let you use it, but it's always polite to ask.

You're modelling it upside-down.

Longitudinally mounted I4 motor in the front, front wheel drive. No more than 40kW in base trim, ~70kW for sports model (maybe a 4WD system thrown in?)
    Assuming it shares a similar length and wheelbase to the 205GTi, I'd suggest 800kg if it's considered "cheap nanna wheels", and pushing 1000kg if it's something like a Renault 5 Monaco.

6. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Love the idea and i hope it gets into game eventually!
    If you run across any issues with the modelling give me a bell and il try to help :)

Rob

7. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Oh, ignore the viewcube, that's bugged. It's right-side-up, the camera's just screwed up :confused:

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'll consider that engine/drive layout, that sounds pretty good.

8. forrest7556

forrest7556
    Expand Collapse

very nice sir

9. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

UPDATE #1: 1978 Zen Miza

Okay, so here's a quick update.

1. I changed the model year to fit with the new design changes (listed in #3 below)
    2. I'm almost done with the drawings (front/side/rear). Just need a few more math sessions to get it done...
    :p
    3. I've made some major changes to the front fascia, rear lights & bumper, body shape, and frame design. And it will probably have fliparound lights (Stingray-style, not the flip-up lights on most '80s Hondas/Toyotas) or covered lights (similar to the Alfa Romeo Montreal).
    4. I'm also going to have a proper storyline for this car at some point.
    5. I'm probably going to redo the hood. I think it has too many unnecessary polygons, and I was also thinking of having a flat hood (at least, mostly flat) in the new design.
    6. ENGINE. Due to the feedback I'm getting, I'm probably going to put a 2.0L or 2.4L inline four in it. The sport version will most likely have a REALLY SMALL turbo.
    7. TRANSMISSION. It'll probably have a 3-or-4-speed manual (stock) and a 5-speed auto (aftermarket).

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone. And feel free to keep making suggestions! I'm still in need of some.

- - - Updated - - -

Second update!

Completely redid the hood. Now it looks much more plain, but it's also much smoother.
    NewHood.PNG
    More wireframe.
    NewHood_Mesh.PNG

And a really early preview of the fascia. Not very happy with it, though.
    Fascia_Preview.PNG

10. Mitki4a

Mitki4a
    Expand Collapse

Re: UPDATE #1: 1978 Zen Miza

It would be cool if it will look similar to this :p
    someone-paid-12-million-for-a-gorgeous-old-toyota.png
    With small rotor engine in it:p
    I really can't wait to see the finished model
    My only recomendation is to make the side panels very curved like in the picture!Then it will look great i think!
    P.S I don't know what are your drawings so I'm just giving ideas:)
    Haha ;)

11. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Well, this is rather annoying. I FINALLY finished the drawing and now my scanner doesn't work. :mad:

12. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

...take a photograph, perhaps?

13. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Exactly what I was about to do.

I'll post it when I take it, my phone is dead at the moment.

EDIT: HERE WE GO

IMG_20130830_201357.jpg IMG_20130830_201403.jpg IMG_20130830_201346.jpg

Yes, I know, the front could use some work. But remember: I had to do these all in math class... and there was a short fire alarm mishap today, so I didn't have all that much time to do the front.

Also, sorry for the not-so-good quality. I'll fix my scanner then upload some more images.
    And these are all in pencil. Can't be bothered to outline them in pen, that'll just ruin some of the lines.

#13 FastestClassic, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  14. Dan1035

Dan1035
    Expand Collapse

th[11].jpg th[9].jpg
    lol, nice car. It sort of reminded me of one of the cars from saint row 1 called the Slingshot.

15. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow XD Never seen that before.

Anyway, glad you like it! Do you have any suggestions?

16. Dan1035

Dan1035
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmm. I got it, 1980s rear window louvers. Adds 40+ HP and a mullet with every purchase. 12A044_002[1].jpg mullet1[1].jpg :cool:

17. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Update: Project canceled. Lost interest in the project, and I need to figure out how to use Maya/3DS Max first.
    I do have another project in mind, though. Stay tuned for info on that
    ;)

18. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

looking forward to it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice