V8 SUPERCARS and BATHURST 1000 Race Track

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Mad-Alex, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

What about Australian V8 Supercars? Holden Commodore VS Ford Falcon, on the famous Bathurst 1000 race track. I think race Campaign/Career mode, will bring more then just Awesomenes to the gameplay.

12-V8SC-Sandown-Test-Day-S-Owen-01.jpg Bathurst-1000-track-map-at-the-Mount-Panarama-Circuit.jpg tander.jpg

#1 Mad-Alex, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

I guess they could use the idea of this type of racing but not use the cars (brand-name protection etc).
    Gotta love the V8's.

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Bathurst is a fantastic track.

4. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, there will be both Holden and Ford.:)

4456454.jpg Sydney+500+V8+Supercars+Qualifying+Race+Lv_pKS9kMvil.jpg

Yeh, Hati you right, Bathurst is amazing track, all competitors want to become a KING of the Mountain, and get the Peter's Brock Trophy.

Some cool video of V8 SUPERCARS in Forza 4 game.

#4 Mad-Alex, Jan 11, 2013
  5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

maybe there will be someone who creates this but not the people making the cars and maps currently since theyre not making any real cars. just their own creations.

6. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Of course I know that Devs can't provide real car brands. As for Holden and Ford, believe me, there is already one person who is going to model them.:)

7. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

While I completely agree with this idea, I completely agree with ths idea! I will support it all the way! I've seen some clips of the Bathurst race and I can say that I love it!

8. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

What about Nissan and Mercedes, they will both be entering this year.

9. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I remember having a small chat about this with gabe, months ago. He wasn't opposed to the idea, if thats anything to inspire hope from. Although if it happens, I'd half way expect a play on the 1990's era of V8's. Take this as read, I'm not saying he'll do it. I'm saying I wasn't told to shove it when I suggested it to him.

10. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

well something like this would be a good thing to include as you only need to make 2-3 different cars with lots of skins rather than a whole heap, and the old V8 Supercars where by far the most entertaining to watch.

11. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

You see, Holden and Ford are both have very "deep" history in V8 Supercars racing, more than 40 years of endless struggle with each other for the domination, who will be the best. So I will concentrate all my attention only on this two brands. As for Nissan and Mercedes, they are both "young competitors" in V8 Supercras racing, and they did not show themselves in action yet.

Here it is just a little part of the history of V8 Supercars.

#11 Mad-Alex, Jan 12, 2013
  12. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

You don't need to tell me anything about V8 Supercars since i am an Aussie, i know almost all there is to know about them, just alot of people still don't know about the new teams coming in, and all the original teams from before it was just ford vs holden.

#12 Straubz, Jan 12, 2013
  13. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

This information not only for you, but for all people interested in this.

Also you could type your post in a more friendly way.

14. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

yeah, forgot the emoticon, it was meant to be friendly yet sarcastic, typing what you mean can be hard but i always have good intentions.

But i am honestly surprised that V8 Supercars are now so popular overseas, do you plan on making them or was someone else? or is it secret?:p

15. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Ahh, crap my bad English is my "enemy" number "1".:eek:
    Well, I don't know what other Ukrainians think about V8's, but as for me, I am a big fan of V8 Supercars. Unfortunately we don't have them on TV, so YouTube is the best friend. Holden is already WIP, unfortunately I did not found any good blueprints for both Holden And Ford, exept this two, they looks pretty accurate in overal shape, so I have start point, also I have to use tons of photos of V8's. Modeling by photos is very hard thing, but very exciting and cool. All my current projects can be found on My Profile/My Albums. There are a few projects, but I decidet to make a pouse on them for a while, and concentrate all my attention on V8 Supercars only. I don't know when the game will be avalable to purchase, but I think it will not be in the next 3 or 6 months, so I have a lot of time for V8's to be done. Also I have MEGA plan for Bathurst 1000 race track, but no promises though.

monster_dc_shoes_v8_supercar_by_hanmer.jpg rays_racing_wheels_v8_supercar_by_hanmer.jpg

16. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

you wont find many blue prints to do with these because of all the rules and regulations with their designs, there is also a mod for rFactor called V8Factor, that has some detailed body meshes from the 2010 season if you want an easy 3d view of what they look like.

17. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

And the base road model Ford Falcon/ Holden.:)

18. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Yah, you right V8's in rFactor 2012 mod have a pretty decent look. I will contact with the rFactor community, and ask for references taken from the 3D editing program, ofcours I doubt that they will give me them, but I'll try. Also found some video of Holden, it's from Forza 4 game and it's helped me alot in modeling. Unfortunately I did not found similar video with Ford, so if enybody will, just give the link in this thread, because this video is very helpful in comparing all body lines from different angles during modeling.

#18 Mad-Alex, Jan 13, 2013
  19. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Hey, people I've found very accurate blueprints of 2004 models for both Holden and Ford V8 Supercars, so among 2008 models there will be 2004 too.:cool:

#19 Mad-Alex, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice