Multiplayer suggestion

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Clockwork Monkey, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Clockwork Monkey

Clockwork Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I think it'd be nice to have some turn based multiplayer mode somewhere down the line. Something like players have to complete a stunt while the other players in the game watch, or jump the highest, or furthest. Once the time is up, or the stunt gets completed, it's the next players turn.

It'd also be good for people with slower computers (I know I lag when there is more than one car).

That was all, nice game.

2. minerman30

minerman30
    Expand Collapse

Maybe that could be a gamemode, but it would be more fun to just have people drive around and smash into eachother.

3. SeenCreaTive

SeenCreaTive
    Expand Collapse

Turn based racing is actually more fun then it souds. Darkwind was a blast

I could see that for the possibility of actually making it multiplayer, but not realistic.

4. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

My brain has the feels that this would be easier to implement than real-time multiplayer, so we'll likely see this first. Quite frankly, any form of multiplayer would be fun.

5. SeenCreaTive

SeenCreaTive
    Expand Collapse

Multiplayer would make this game. This has been discussed at long length in many different threads

The problem with Drive is raw amount of data that is contently being crunched. Multiply that for every person in the room, and now transfer it across the world over sketchy internet, where the other person is playing and hope to have a good collision.

Not even burnout paradise can do it, that game is a nightmare online, and it's not soft body physics. Heck nearly any online game the requires collisions has it's issues.

They're working on same computer multiplayer, and LAN is technically doable... But nothing over the internet.

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I would honestly still be very happy if the best they could do was LAN. Just saying, especially since I want to see MP demolition derbies.

7. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

I was saying that a turn-based "pass the pad" system might be implemented first exactly because of that reason. Think the FlatOut Stunt minigames type multiplayer. One person does task "x" at a time while the other lobby members watch, and the person with the best score at the end wins.
    Kind of like this, but stay in the car.

#7 pulley999, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  8. duck74

duck74
    Expand Collapse

What about custom cars? Will they work online?

9. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

if the other person has the mods then they will sea it its like ror i mod a car but you dont have the mods you cant sea it but this may be diffrent but definatly no for a long time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice