1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Xbox Wireless Controller not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by xDancinPuppeh, Sep 17, 2013.

1. xDancinPuppeh

xDancinPuppeh
    Expand Collapse

I got BeamNG today and booted it up for the first time with my wireless xbox controller and receiver already on and connected prepared. The controller was working though the input deadzones were less than acceptable it worked. My game then crashed when I attempted to adjust some graphic settings and then when I restarted BeamNG Drive the controller wasn't working. I restarted again and the controller worked again.

Now after tweaking some settings I closed to game while I went to get food and now the controller doesn't seem to be recognized no matter what I do or how many times I restart the game it seems to be disabled.

I've read the other posts with this problem which directs you to the advanced setup of a device. This isn't needed because my device is there in the inputmaps folder but just seems to not take priority over keyboard. And adding the device manually even though it's already there had no effect either...

Any suggestions on what's causing this and what I can do to fix it would be appreciated ^_^

2. Freakling

Freakling
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried reinstalling the game?
    Fastest way to make it work again

3. xDancinPuppeh

xDancinPuppeh
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why I didn't think to do that my self but reinstalling it worked. Thanks for reminding me of my senses :p

4. Acek94

Acek94
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem. The thing is you have to have the controller on before you start the game, otherwise it doesn't pick it up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice