1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

can the processor be changed?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Mr.Krazy, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

it could be a dumb question (definitely a noob one) but I was on Google the other day looking at processors,
    and was wondering if you can change the processor on the computer.

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Well yes, that is if its a desktop. Your motherboard also has to support it. What are your specs so we can help?

3. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

well first off, I have a laptop but my specs are

Windows 7 home premium
    model is a HP 2000 notebook PC
    AMD E-300 APU with HD Graphics 1.30 GHz
    RAM is a downer being 4.00 GB (3.60 GB usable)
    64-bit Operating System

With these specs, I doubt I will get a positive response. :(

4. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you can't really upgrade your CPU. Its possible, but extremely difficult and you won't really be able to get a CPU that fits in the motherboard, let alone one that is even powerful. Your best bet is to save up money and build your own desktop. :)

5. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

Well knew it was too good to be true. we cant really right now, we have a tight budget for another computer, which will be my moms, but she wants a laptop for max. price $350. We do have a old Compaq Presario but it probably wont fit the requirements.

6. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

To get a good gaming computer(that you build yourself) you are gonna need around 600-800 bucks depending on whether you have peripherals or not.

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

If you already have things like a CD drive, a screen, computer case, PSU, keyboard/mouse, etc then you would only have to spend like $300 minimum on a decent computer.

8. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I swapped a 350m for a 540m a few months ago. If you really need to jones for a better notebook CPU, do your homework. Find out the exact model of your notebook, then find the service manual for it. I know HP service manuals describe the sockets used, along with compatible CPUs.

I also would like to point out that the performance gains are marginal, or at least not worth the $50-$80.

tl;dr listen to the guys above and don't do it.

9. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

the thing that sucks is that I am only 16 and im not a smart computer guy so my best bet is to convince my mom to get a computer (she has no desire for a computer, she wants a laptop) that's priced at less than $350 and can still run the game in ok shape.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice