Cancelled Gavril H- series rollback

Discussion in 'Land' started by Garebear, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

It's still an early WIP. But i'm making a rollback tow truck out of the gavril H heavy frame. It does not and probably will not have commands. I honestly do not know how to do that. But I am busy so updates may be slow.

Tell me how it is, and i'm not afraid of criticism. So let it fly!

Attached Files:

• tow-1.png
    • tow-2.png
    • tow-3.png
    #1 Garebear, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Nice nice nice!

3. tray5050

tray5050
    Expand Collapse

One of the nice works around here, hope u get it released soon, waiting on ya ^^

4. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

Texturing is the next step. Making rollback hard steel, and the drop down for another car that rolls on the Ground if you know what I mean. Like I said before. Texturing info could really help (gabester?) then getting in game. Maybe light bar. Like I said. A WIP.

Also;
    the back of the cab and rollback and rollback frame are modified previous parts. Is that okay along with new meshes?

5. Thatsnice

Thatsnice
    Expand Collapse

You've got my attention now lol, good luck

6. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Looking good so far! Is the rollback going to be large enough to fit another car on? would be fun to spawn on car on the back and try not to have it fall off while driving around, if only there was a way to strap things down in the back..

7. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

Yes it is. I have had the Gavril grand marshal on it. It's long and kinda fat. It fit. Nicely. And I'm sure the van will too. Box truck will be a no.

And you never know. Maybe someone will find a way. I could add a tire catch. For spawning on the back. It won't fall off the sides and if it had like stiff tire wedges maybe it won't fall off the back.

8. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

The tire wedges are a great idea, maybe some small divots for the wheels to fit in would help as well.

9. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

I'll try the divots. But probably wedges since it will take up too much space to put divots all over. I can easily make 2 sided wedges for longer/shorter cars.

I now re-read your message and realized you were adding on to the wedge idea. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

So i got the tow lift on. and put the Grand Marshal on the back. suggestions would be nice!

Attached Files:

• tow-lift.png
    • tow-full.png
  10. KamikazeF0X

KamikazeF0X
    Expand Collapse

Hmm ... Add flashing light on the top ?
    depanneuse-fiat-ducato.56171281-103576347.jpg

11. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

Already established!!

12. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

No, but you can pause, and in world editer make the front tires over the tow bar. But commands are really not possible now.

13. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Haha, that sounds like so much fun!

Just had a few ideas,

Any way to extend the cab a bit? Might be useful for giving the people your towing a ride back to the shop.
    I think some toolbox's under the bed on both sides would look nice, especially in chrome. Some tall exhaust pipes or side pipes would look good if that's possible. also some heavy duty side mirrors and lots of extra lights would be cool.

Attached Files:

• tt02-mikes_towing_with_an_international_rollback_with_a_hummer_on_the_back..jpg
  14. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Oh man this would be pretty great haha. If the OP can do that it would be cool if the second deck was also a removable part in the editor.

15. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

Uhmm, thanks, but not now. maybe later in a different version. but now is a no..

16. Nevada

Nevada
    Expand Collapse

What do you know about car transporting kierowca_ciezarowki_z_polski.jpg

17. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

This is looking awesome man I don't wanna be the one to ask but I will anyways. Have you gotten any more progress. I will definitely use this!!

18. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Please use cycles render in Blender!

19. La Rocque96

La Rocque96
    Expand Collapse

something tells me that you could add another drive axle for weight distribution, and add a diesel engine

20. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I already made a diesel engine for the van :).. Its pretty nice to use in the cargo van and pull cars around.

21. Carrythxd

Carrythxd
    Expand Collapse

Looking amazing! Great job!
    But, one little question, when the truck is finished, are you able to drive a car to the bed ingame? And would you be able to drive around with the car on the bed, or would the car just drop down from the bed?

22. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Game limitation right now which is planned to be fixed. Cars touching cars doesnt go well, on the grid map there is a ramp which perfectly reaches the height of the floor to the cargo box on the H series, spawn an H series in, take the doors off with Control-W, park it against said ramp, stick the covet in the back (just fits). Chaos ensues as you drive around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice