Binding animations to inputs

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MindEraser, Feb 8, 2013.

1. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

Before I say anything, I'm only just starting out with animation, so forgive me if I have the wrong idea about anything.

While playing Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, I noticed that the driver steering animation was a constant, fluid animation which was "played" back and forth according to steering input. This video should show what I mean, particularly while the driver countersteers during drifts:

I think it would be a great tool if animations could be bound to inputs like this with BeamNG vehicles. Funny as it sounds, I'm thinking of the soundscript system from Rigs of Rods; you could set a particular sound .wav to increase in gain or pitch according to engine RPM, or you could just set a number of simple triggers. My idea for animations is the same. You could bind an animation to "play/rewind" according to control input, RPM etc, or you could just have a simple trigger for, say, a command. Perhaps multiple animation states could be combined, say during a handbrake turn when you have the guy hold the handbrake and steer at the same time.

I hope that made sense. Long evening at work. Time for a cup of tea.

#1 MindEraser, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

If we get to see the person sitting in the cockpit with animations, then this would be great to have to add to the realism.

3. Kryotex

Kryotex
    Expand Collapse

+1 Totally agree with idea, i think it will be cool and realistic

4. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

um how do you make it inside on hot pursuit I should know this because I got it a few months after the release

#4 Deleted member 1747, Mar 24, 2013
  5. MoJoe

MoJoe
    Expand Collapse

Another good example of this is in 'Driver San Francisco' from Reflections. I love these animations because it makes you look like you're in control and being a bit of a badass. Not sure if it would fit into ""Stay tuned"" game sim thing though. : P

#5 MoJoe, Mar 24, 2013
  6. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

The guy who uploaded that video said it was a camera mod

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice