1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

About Mods?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by FordMan95, Feb 10, 2013.

1. FordMan95

FordMan95
    Expand Collapse

This might be a dumb question, but I would like to know if mods such as add on vehicles, terrains, Etc. will cost money?

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Probably not. Or no, the user made ones wont but the dev made DLC might.

3. FordMan95

FordMan95
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I'd still like to hear it from a dev tho.

4. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't think user-made mods would cost money, but BeamNG could have some kind of deal where a mod creator can choose whether or not to sell his/her mods on the BeamNG repository. That would be cool, the downside would be that someone could post some horrible mod and expect people to pay for it, so maybe mods would have to be "approved" as high quality for them to be eligible to gain revenue. And of course, BeamNG would get some share of the money from the sale of pay-to-use mods.

5. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

I have to disagree. I would hate if we had to pay money for other people's mods. Even if cars cost just $0.99 each, it would cost $99 to have 100 cars.:(

6. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

I don't know any other game where you have to pay for user made mods (aside from FSX) Making people pay for mods just seems ridiculous. You make mods for your own enjoyment, not profit.

7. jacke0247

jacke0247
    Expand Collapse

totally agree!

8. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

It was just a suggestion, after all this isn't the same as RoR, this won't be free. So why would people pour hours of their life into creating content for a game that they payed for, when people will just download it and not care about who made it or how much effort went into the creation of it.

I'm just saying, people may want to get something back for contributing to the content of this sim. And like I said, it wouldn't just benefit the mod-maker, it would also benefit BeamNG as they would get a portion of the money spent on the vehicle.

But this isn't our decision to make, the ultimate decision will be made by the people who are actually developing this sim.

9. FordMan95

FordMan95
    Expand Collapse

I agree, Once I buy Beamng, I Really don't want to pay money every time a new mod comes out. We should pay for the game and that's it!

10. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

If I have to pay for mods that are not official content of BeamNG, I will pirate it.

11. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Yes, because if mod creators, who have nothing to do with the official developers of the engine, want to get money for their mods, that means the developers of the engine don't deserve to get something in return for their hard work on making the engine of the game that the mods would be in.

YES, THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE LOLOLOL

Also, pirating the game still won't give you the mods, so you'll still only have the game. You're making no sense.

What you're litterally saying is: "If AMG wants money for their new Mercedes AMG bodykit which I want to have, I'll steal the stock(non-AMG-tuned) Mercedes from a dealer!". That's LITTERALLY the equivalent of what you just said.

Seriously dude, you know where the door is(or in this case, where the big red X in your browser is). We(or at least I) don't need/want people with your mentality here, honestly. If you think like that^, just get lost, honestly. I'm pretty sure whatever the devs will decide to do, will be the right decision for the future of the game and it's engine.

If you don't wanna pay for the mods, here's an idea: Just don't get the mods, and only get the ones that will be made for free, that is if there will even exist paid mods.

EDIT@Below: Actually, you can't in the litteral sense of the word "pirating". What you could do is beg someone to give it to you, while that person himself paid for the mod, or via someone else who paid for it. And if anyone on this forums thinks they can just give that stuff away for free, I can honestly say they're a total douche and should be slapped around the face with a 18-wheeler semi doing 80mph.

#11 Mythbuster, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  12. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

No, i can pirate mods as well.:rolleyes:

13. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

And subsequently you will be sued for copyright infringement. I'm done with this conversation now, I've said all I can say.

14. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

Where do you people even get the vaguest idea that mods will be paid anyway, virtually no other commercial games do it.

15. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

Exactly.:)

16. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Because, the BeamNG team has already said they want to make money off of this sim. So this would be another way of doing that. Okay, now I'm actually done.

17. MercTrucker

MercTrucker
    Expand Collapse

I must agree with Mytbuster, pirating is stupid and wrong and that Lukedude who suggested it should hit the red X on his browser. I do however like the idea of being able to sell mods for ....in game money. It would be wonderful if one could create mods and sell them for more money to buy other's mods. If I understand correctly, there is going to be a career mode? In which case buying and selling mods would be very enjoyable.

18. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

You, sir, are a genius.

19. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

That's indeed a very good idea actually... Would be cool :D

20. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

Agreed! That's a great idea, MercTrucker :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice