1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What do you drive the most? Have you personalized it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SleepyPickup, Nov 6, 2013.

1. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

So like the title states, I'm curious what you drive the most.

Not necessarily what your flavor of the week is, but what you drive the most, your go-to Beam daily driver. Something you always seem to be driving.

As for me personally, I'm always driving the D-series in some form. For example the Trophy truck or Hollands 'True off-road' version with the exoskeleton, and of course my edited 'crawler' or 'all-purpose' D-series. No matter the map or terrain, I always hop in my pickup.

Even without any mods, the stock Gavril D-series 4x4 is a very well rounded vehicle, just like it's real-life counter part. Thanks to Gabe for that, I think the truck is really a shining example of just how realistic or well this game can simulate vehicles or vehicle damage.

After some thought, here's my absolute most driven vehicles next to each other:

(imported from here)

Most driven? Gavril D-series Trophy Truck, hands down. It looks badass, the front wheelbase is wider so it almost never flips, it's everything I could want.

The golf cart is new yes, but it's quickly becoming a daily-driver if I'm just scooting around a map. The widebody covet by narwhal almost takes the cake away from the D-series, but not quite. I do drive it a ton though.

The second part to my curiosity is if you have personalized your most driven vehicles. For example, textures or performance.

Even with awesome user-created content I find myself changing colors or tweaking a few parameters here and there. I just don't feel right unless I've spent some time personalizing the vehicle in some way. And on vehicles I drive the most, I obsessively tweak everything that has a variable until I'm satisfied.

Just like in real life, who wants to drive a leased vehicle that you can't modify? I'm also very biased and prefer cars made before 1992 though..

2. CrazeGaming

CrazeGaming
    Expand Collapse

i drive around lots in the standard covet, the golf cart and the DSC buggy race, all of which are epic fun :D

3. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

I am sorry if I am wrong, but that white Lada in the picture, isn't that from the Russian site that makes banned vehicles?

4. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

That's why I didn't say anything about it. And no, it's not banned, just frowned upon to mention or show that you've even been to that site. I can choose to put whatever I want in my vehicles folder, shitty or not. I like the overall look of the Lada, it's fun.

5. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

I was just asking, calm down! And yes I have been to the site, and I was disgusted how people make money with selling stolen N/Bs with meshes slapped on them

Also,

I don't seem to understand how this makes sense?

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

golf buggy and no i have not modded it....yet *evil laughter*

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

He didnt say anything about it because he knew people would start moaning about it and its not as if there is a forum rule that he cannot use the car if he wants. I dont seem to understand how this doesnt make sense.

I drive the DSC buggy (usually small wheel or race), Jeep cherokee and golf cart most of the time. No additional mods to them.

8. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

I drive this most of the time.

screenshot_00165.jpg screenshot_00166.jpg

9. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

Your life, your rules. Nobody has authority over your own self conscious decisions. I'm new here so I don't know all the hub-ub about this Russian site but it reminds me of similar stories I used to hear on the forums in the Midtown Madness community. Stolen/ported cars. Whatever. Life goes on.

10. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

First of all, you have got to link me to that Monster skin dude. That's awesome. I love the trophy truck but in my opinion, it's kinda ugly. It just needs a nice skin and it's a beast. Also the winter camo skin would be nice to have as well.

But back on topic, these are my babies.
    MY BABIEZ.JPG

I used to be obsessed with Drowsy's Porsche 911, but I soon realized that the crash physics aren't the best with that vehicle. It's quite unrealistic to be honest. (No offense Sam your mods are awesome XD) But yeah. These are my most driven vehicles for the time being. The DeathMachine isn't exactly practical, but every time I open BeamNG, I spawn one in. I just HAVE TO crash into a poor old Golf Cart of something :333 I'm gonna rename that the GameCrasher. But anyways :p Hollands true offroader is also awesome. Very maneuverable and fun to drive around and rally with. Same goes for the DSC Buggy. An amazing crawler and rally machine. Sadly, I haven't customized any of them. I don't have any technology to do that with. However I might get blender soon, this is it for now. I'm also gonna get a few skins shortly.

11. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

dang sleepy, you still use the covet i modded? i may have to re release it once i can work on it again!

o.t.
    i use the covet a lot because it crashes nicely

12. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, nailed it.

Haha, yeah me too. The DeathMachine is just way too much fun. It destroys everything.

Hell yeah! I love that thing man, you did a great job on it.

13. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Those as well but I have been working on them alot trying to figure out what line of code that goes into them does haha

14. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

I use the d15 the most often.

Mine is raised slightly, although I don't know how to raise it more. It's got locked differentials and slightly softer, but same stock, tires. I made it so 1st gear goes only 7mph and 2nd goes about 15mph. I also have a version where I bumped the power and grip to insane levels for wheelies, which is a bit of fun.

15. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Wheelies are always fun.

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Lately I've been using mostly the D15 and the golf cart. The D15 I have made two more tires for. One I like to call the GripAll is slightly grippier than the normal sport tires and then I have what I call Drifties which are less grippy than the stock tires which I use on the back wheels for extra driftage. I also have a version of the deathmachine mod for wheelies. (More torque, grippier tires)

The golf cart I have modded by adding 4 wheel brakes, a slightly higher rev limit, and a third gear.

17. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Forget everything I just said. This, is the true beast of BeamNG. While looking for skins, I came across this baby. It's DrowsySam's modded Bolide. Basically a regular Civette Bolide. Except this is so much more. It has a small body kit and a tweaked engine. That's all. But it's all the difference. It handles about 4523895623782 times better than the default one. And since it's a Gabester original, the crash physics are near perfection. Thread- http://www.beamng.com/threads/3717-Bolide-FT40-V1-2
    Pride and joy.JPG

18. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Haha, I love it! Awesome.

Interesting. I found very little improvement with that Bolide. I think at this point I'm too biased though, I just dislike the car as a whole. I get no pleasure from it at all.

19. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Meh. That's cool. I just personally love it. And for the performance issue, all-wheel drive is your friend.

20. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I've been driving the Bolide 320 a lot lately (detuned 3.2L V8 compared to the 3.5L V8 in the regular Bolide 350 GT). The handling is perfectly dialed in. Super grippy and easy to control and it looks boss with black steelies ;) Coming in the next update, as well as improved handling for all Bolide versions and the monstrous 390 GTR (440 hp and 0-60 in 3.8 seconds).

bolide320.jpg

Really no need for all-wheel drive. Just exercise some throttle control and be quick to counter steer if it gets out of hand. It's not that hard to drive, especially with the upcoming updates to the suspension and tire tuning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice