1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Is it bad when my motherboard is at '128 degrees' according to speccy?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Deleted member 1747, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I'm a bit worried speccy says my motherboard is one hundred and twenty eight degrees just running it and skype. I'm basically asking is it accurate? Will I need a new motherboard or something?

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
  2. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Well, your CPU is sitting pretty at 55[SUP]o[/SUP]c, so I guess your motherboard might be reporting a false value.

Touch it.

3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

my own motherboard is running at 38 Degrees C and thats fine for me my CPU is running at 46 to 47 Degrees C and my graphics card is a constant 48 Degrees C and my HDD 1 is running at 26 Degrees C and my HDD 2 is running at 16 Degrees C and thats all fine with me :)

but I would SUGGEST cleaning the case out of any dust or you have one faulty Heat sensor..

4. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Well I guess it's faulty because my comp hasn't melted yet.
    i don't really care because its a crappy PC and I'm getting a new one soon

5. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Touch the heatsinks on the motherboard, seriously. Unless it burns your finger the reading is wrong.

6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Well, for me all temperature monitoring programs throw out a cold reading for the CPU. I know it's not the sensor itself because in the BIOS I can get an accurate idle temperature. (I think it was somewhere around 30-35c?) But in HWMonitor the idle temp is 32f (Freezing) and it touches 90f under load. I'm pretty sure it's not very hot because it reported 110f on the stock heatsink at just 3.6GHz. (Water cooling, 5.4GHz)

It does have another sensor that is TMPIN0 and right now typing this it says 160f. (about 70c) Does anyone know what it is? (Listed under Temperatures) There is a similar reading on my laptop and it gets a bit hot for my tastes but I don't know what it is so I can't do anything about it..

7. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

How many case fans does it have?

8. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

128 is a false value, don't worry about it. It's nowhere near that hot, it's just a faulty sensor. AFAIK 128 is the "max" value (it's a power of 2, like 64 and 256).

9. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Thats actually a logical explanation.
    Signed Byte Integers range from -128 to 127, but that's close enough.

10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I had "128 degrees" show up on a computer once, never deviating, many years ago, while the rest of the computer was 30-40. So I figure it's the same thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice