Thanks giving!

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DancingDirty, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Have you felt like me?

1. I feel the same way!

88.0%
  2. I haven't yet felt this kind of emotion...

4.0%
  3. I think you are crazy!

8.0%
  1. DancingDirty

DancingDirty
    Expand Collapse

Dear developers,

Today, when I "run" BeamNG.drive and (if I recall correctly) roamed around the "Small Island, USA" with the default pickup truck, I realized how great this physics engine is! From back then with rigs of rods I believed that the project is making steps towards the greatest physics-engine/simulator-of-physical-objects-like-cars-trains-etc ever, but only today I felt for the first time as if I was driving a real car; the fear that there would be a bump on the road, or a hole, etc and that I wouldn't be able to make the corner and go off-road (again :p )!

Thank you again, for making this visual-mental experience based on real physics of rigid objects (let's bend/crash them all, all day long!)

Yours faithfully,
    Chris (call me Dirty)

EDIT:
    Actually I mean rigid with the real world meaning (something made out of metal etc)
    English is not my native language, but I am pretty sure I wrote it correctly.

#1 DancingDirty, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. Deewad

Deewad
    Expand Collapse

Forgive me if I am wrong but im quiet sure beamng uses soft body rather then rigid

3. DancingDirty

DancingDirty
    Expand Collapse

Actually I mean rigid with the real world meaning (something made out of metal etc)
    English is not my native language, but I am pretty sure I wrote it correctly.

4. KaLul0

KaLul0
    Expand Collapse

The "I think you are crazy" button smiled at me ;)
    But i think they know what we think if we pay for it. We used the free demo to try first.
    But at last this doesn't belong in the suggestion sub-forum i guess.

5. DancingDirty

DancingDirty
    Expand Collapse

You are totally right! I was aiming to give thanks and make a suggestion, but when I wrote down my suggestion I realize its stupid :p and I erased it. Also forgot that I started a post at the suggestions! :cool:

edit: Also those who voted "I think you are crazy" indicates that they haven't felt, not even close, what I described AKA haven't connected with the virtual driving reality of this game, haven't drifted away for a second away from the reality -that they are in front of a computer- and feel like they are inside the cockpit of a vehicle!!! :eek: ;)

#5 DancingDirty, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  6. KaLul0

KaLul0
    Expand Collapse

You Sir, are in love! :D

7. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Thanks man :) It's what we set out to do - to make the most authentic driving simulator. We still have tons of work to do, but we appreciate your support so much :)

8. DancingDirty

DancingDirty
    Expand Collapse

Aye aye, YES SIR YES!

And I can't wait the day that the developers say they are satisfied and stop developing this engine/game because that would mean that they managed to make the best "softbody"-rigid physics engine which simulates in real time exactly what happens in real life!

OK! Stop teasing me, I could go on and on and on praising!!!! :p :eek:

EDIT:
    @gabester :) I think you don't realise that your engine can simulate ANYTHING. Beamng.drive for cars, but I understand from that dot that you plan doing other stuff like beang.sail? beamn.fly? beamng.build? etc etc etc? ;):p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice