Released JDM's Covet Expansion Pack! - 1/18 Release!!!! GTi v0.2!!

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by JDMClark, Nov 23, 2013.

1. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

What your going to find in this thread:
    - The Ibishu Covet GTi
    - The Ibishu Covet HX/HXi/HXi-T models

The Ibishu Covet GTi

I put a ton of work into this car. All new suspension options, tires, custom interior and some custom exterior changes. Took for a few days to get this packaged for you guys but i hope you love it! There will be a couple issues I'm going to work on, but this is the first release and I hope you guys love it! Take it on the industrial track with the Track Editions and you will fall in love!

The Ibishu Covet HX Models

Hope you guys enjoy my little engine mod. Tried to make it as serious as possible lol. Some extra information you probably want to know. A CVT is a Contionously Variable Transmission. Their difficult to explain but I simulated one the best I could in BeamNG. A LOT of adjustments were needed to fine tune it. SOHC means single over head cam, Google it. Also another term I coinned, i-VVT, that stands for Ibishu Variable Valve Timing. Gives the motor better fuel economy and a lot of power when i-VVT kicks in!

#1 JDMClark, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. chevy65

chevy65
    Expand Collapse

Re: Ibishu Covet HX & HXi Package!! Features CVT Transmission options with a new Engine option!

this is cool man. and the way you set it up like a brochure is awesome and funny nice

3. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Re: Ibishu Covet HX & HXi Package!! Features CVT Transmission options with a new Engine option!

Thanks man, I wanted to add a little bit a interest to the post. Hopefully it works out good, spent like 3-5 hours today getting this together. The CVT is a very nice option, you can't get the full effect of the CVT unless you have a controller or steering wheel with pedals though. Plus I thought it was nice to offer an underpowered option for this game. I included the Turbo'd model because I knew some people wanted to have some more power with the CVT. You can pair the cvt with stock covet's 1.5 and 1.5 turbo versions as well. You can also pair it with pretty much any motor just as long as the motor you pair it with doesnt need much over 7k you should be fine. This CVT cant be maxed out. Honestly haven't tried it but if u put like a 1000hp engine to this u could reach insane speeds when you finally get going.

edit: Gabe is looking at it o.o... hes gonna peak into the files and laugh at the calamity I put together...

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick update guys! Download the newest version.

The zip file should be called Ibishu Covet HX_HXi_HXi-T.zip

Fixed a .pc file :)

Future updates include:

New 5AT transmission to replace default 4AT
    New 6MT transmission just for the HXi-T
    -HX and HXi models are limited to just a 5MT.
    HXi-GT : AWD version of the Turbo'd version.
    -Boost set to 9psi, rally suspension, rally steering. :)

#3 JDMClark, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  4. Deleted member 31346234

Deleted member 31346234
    Expand Collapse

You should add a:
    2.0l engine V6, V8
    1.6l and
    a 16.4l engine it'll be cool

5. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Can I use these engines with any type of Covet? As in, am I able to use this in, say, the Covet Mini?

6. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Should be able too. Just extract the files to the hatchmini folder.

7. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the engine works for all of those, just as long as the other files use the hatch files. Also, 315 gears? That's pretty funky, and I know that that is what it is supposed to be.

8. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Yeah any variation of the hatch as long as they didn't change the files to an extent should work. And yeah I set up the most realistic CVT setup I could. Drives kinda like a CVT in real life.

9. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I just noticed your profile picture, and, just... yes.

OT: Those CVT's just look complicated IRL. I love this mod though.
    Also, just imagine if you had to model the transmission in order for it to work...

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Took a peek myself. Must have been a rather boring experience typing those numbers out.

11. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Actually I got a good story for ya. When I took my keyboarding class I wanted to be a pro with a keyboard.. So I aced the class until I got to The section where we did the number keys on the top. I got lazy and now I suck with them. Well I used them the entire time and got my skill up :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm working on the HXi-GT model right now. I'm having issues with brakes not automatically selecting theirselves in game when you load the car. Its just the rear brakes that I have to select in the menu each time it loads up because they don't Spawn. Just says empty on rear brakes.. I am adding some custom brakes for improved stopping power on the GT model. I love driving the GT with the CVT. I had to bump the boost up to 11 to get some good power. About 221ftlb tq and 238hp. AWD. It moves nicely. It has a 6 speed manual option which can be a little faster but lets say your driving the car on a rally course. The CVT will keep you in the power band the entire time while with a six speed you got to shift gears and maintain the power band.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha yep, best TV show ever made.

12. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Nice mod. But, I would have done some body work at least.;)

​title is to long!

13. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Really isnt going to be much body work, if i could it would be minor OEM things. such as fog lights etc.

Though there is going to be a luxurious upgrade to the HXi-GT you guys will see when its released.

14. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

hmm...does it have the 4AG engine?

15. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Are you going to make fog lights?:confused:

16. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I'm not good with physical add ons,

thouuuggggh im getting good at cosmetic!

interior.jpg interior2.jpg

Preview of the HXi-GT's interior! Still got some more things to change..

17. BigMac

BigMac
    Expand Collapse

There is an issue with many of the models when I full throttle. It seems to rev high, then low, then high, then low, and then changes gear. I would post a video if I could, but I can't. :(

18. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Are you having this issue with the manual models? I used to default transmissions for the 4at and 5mt models. If you ever select a manual option its recommend u actually drive it in manual. I noticed they liked to hop around.

19. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

The CVT is AMAZING, just needs to downshift faster, idk if that's possible tho!

20. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

You won't like this. The next update I actually increased the time it takes to rev so it doesn't shoot up to 7k in half a second when your doing like 40. If you have ever driven a CVT in real life you'd know they take a little time to pick up. Thanks for the compliments though. I'm working on a good sized update.

- - - Updated - - -

Just an update on the Ibishu Covet GTi (HXi-GT was too long.) . I REALLY hope you guys like this, lots of hours into it.

awesome (2).jpg

Loving the carbon fiber around the gauges. I'm trying for that black/wood/tan interior design for a very luxurious/high dollar setup.

Please leave me some feedback on this and ideas!

Just finished the gauges, the interior is about completely finished, going to do some custom stuff in the AC area. Thinking about 3 gauges on the bottom piece, oil pressure, turbo psi, oil temp. Even though they wouldn't work, theyd be nice cosmetics, if you guys want me to add the gauges say so.

epic.jpg epic2.jpg

I am overly satisfied with my progress :).. Thinking carbon fiber on the ac/radio area with the 3 gauges.

And if noone caught the drift, the rumored HXi-GT is now known as the GTi as you can see in the tach.

I'm going to bed..
    windows tint 1.jpg windows tint2.jpg

About 15% on the sides, 5% strip on the front. Pretty nice :) This might be an option.

#20 JDMClark, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice