1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

PostFX -> Post your PostFX settings file and try others!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AirSKiller, Dec 5, 2013.

1. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

I searched around the forum a bit and I couldn't find any Threat about PostFX settings and options so I decided I should start one. (If there is one I am not aware, please delete this one and point me in the right direction).

Anyway, I have been messing around with the PostFX settings trying to make the game look more like I wanted (lets be honest, the game does look good!... But it's no Crysis right?) and I settled (After only 5 minutes of tweaking) for what most will find to be a pretty aggressive amount of Bloom and SSAO.

So, attached I send my settings for anyone who wants to give a try. And please, post your own settings too so everyone can try!

Btw, I'm running a i7-3770k, a GTX 680 and 8GB of 2000MHz RAM.
    To apply the settings, simply copy the file to your BeamNG folder and select them ingame :)

Edit: Look a few posts below, I did a second PostFX file, a bit brighter and, IMO better, take a look and try it out :)
    Edit2: I did my final version based on the brighter file settings, check below :)

Attached Files:

#1 AirSKiller, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Good idea, but I find this as being too much work for little result, ;)
    Anyway, i'm lazy, so others might be interested!

3. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

I found that it really is worth the time! Belive me, in 5 minutes you can really pump out the most out of the game :)

4. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Ok, you've convinced me, i'm gonna try it after school ;)
    I have a rig similar to yours (see signature) and I have everything on max, postfx etc, and it looks pretty good.

5. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I saw your signature haha :)
    I have to say, from everything on max (like I also run) to everything on max + PostFX tweaks, really goes a loooooong way! I didn't want to believe what I was missing!! haha

Like I said, give it a try xD I don't know if you are like me but you will get it to your taste (I tend to like more than normal postfx stuff)

6. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

I'm messed around a bit more with PostFX and managed to get a different, brighter and more vibrant, look to the game

This is not an update from the first settings file I posted!!! It's more of an alternative for those who like brighter settings :)

Screenshots:

Attached Files:

#6 AirSKiller, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  7. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to use this for my daily, i like it, adds a little bit of pump to the colors for me. Plus its not too dark.

8. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Aww yiss, Christmas time will be the time that I can see the effects without looking at a slideshow of BeamNG!

9. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

Re: PostFX -> Post your PostFX settings file and try others!

So, what are the specs? hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

It's the one I'm using right now :D
    Not too overkil but just enough to make the game prettier:)

#9 AirSKiller, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  10. CausticCats

CausticCats
    Expand Collapse

Hey do you guys know how to change how many images there are for the light shafts? because when it is at a fairly high value the images start to spread out more and looks bad.

11. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

would anyone be able to make it look hi def, like the graphics on the unreal engine 4 promo/trailer

thanks, destroyer

p.s sorry for the bump

12. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

Check this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/521711/better-iq-downscaling/ It's a cool thread that explains how to downscale games from a higher resolution so they look much better (it's kinda like a super AA option haha), I personally have used this with many games including BeamNG and it works great and makes the game look amazing. However, you need a really really powerful GPU to be able to do it, if you run your game at 1080p (1920.1080) you have to downscale from a resolution 4x bigger to avoid bluring (2x1920.2x1080) that's 4x the load on the GPU! (I go from 90fps in Rock Island to about 30 :s). The only think I can promise is that the game will look simply amazing and totally different. If you need help pm me, I'm traveling atm but I will be glad to help if I can :) Good luck! :)

13. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

Ahh thanks, I have an Asus twin frozr gtx 770, will this be okay?

14. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Downscaling is pretty amazing, I haven't looked into doing it to be honest but last month I did this comparison (just put together in GIMP/not realtime):

(imported from here)

If you have have a GPU able to run BeamNG @6k let me know :D

15. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

Re: PostFX -> Post your PostFX settings file and try others!

I have a GTX 680 OC'ed which is pretty much the same thing and it works great at 2*1920.2*1080 so you should be OK too :)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone running GTX 780 Ti SLI or R9 290X Crossfire? .... Ok then... Guess not... :c hahahaha

16. blackcobra122

blackcobra122
    Expand Collapse

i put my ssao and dof on max

17. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

You've probably forgotten about this, but I would like to know how to downscale BNG. (Imma N00b.) My 770 should manage 2560x2048 ok.

Here is my custom file. It's a bit darker and more monotone. It has a good bit of godray too.
    screenshot_00314.png screenshot_00332.png screenshot_00327.png screenshot_00341.png

Attached Files:

18. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

I tried your settings, they sure look more realistic than mine hahaha, darker and less 'bloomy' but I still prefer the one's I normally use, I just love the brightness and the more vibrant colors...

About downscaling from an higher resolution, I could just tell you how you can do it, but it I would take me ages writting it and it still wouldn't be as complete as this guide ---> https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...q-downscaling/ , sooooo take a look there hahaha.
    BTW, the GTX 770 is a good card (I have a GTX 680 running @1228MHz on the core and @7000MHz on the memory which is just slightly higher clocked than a GTX 770) however, downscaling will kick your graphics card right in the balls, you probably won't have a smooth experience at all! BUT, you might as well try it, nothing stopping you really :)

19. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! :D I like games with darker colors so this fits that well. I'm messing with more settings to clean it up a little. To make it look even better force 32xaa and af in the nvidia control panel.
    I'm going to try my screen downscaled once, my 770 is beating yours my almost 100mhz. I can run 1332Mhz but usually run 1293. :rolleyes: Maybe we should do a 770/680 showdown. ;)

EDIT: I see you had posted that downscaling link before. I'm stupid. :p

20. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

You got a really good chip dude! :eek: Are you running @1300MHz with stock volts? That's impressive!

The 'old' GTX 680 Lightning's were hand pick chips, that's why they can easily be OC'ed to GTX 770 levels (most GTX 680's can't) and got damn do these run cool hahaha with a 20ºC room temp I max out @60ºC with 38% fan speed, that's only 8% above the idle fan speed of 30% :) And since I can run the memory at the same speed as a GTX 770 (which is the main difference between the two) I get the same performance (actually, over the performance of a stock or factory OC GTX 770, but definitely not above your's hahaha)

Be sure to post the results of your tweaking with PostFX settings and downscaling/aa, I'm on the fence about doing it too :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice