Need help getting vehiclepart ingame

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by m33p4r34l, Dec 22, 2013.

1. m33p4r34l

m33p4r34l
    Expand Collapse

I need some help getting something i made in Sketchup (used the tutorial of DrowsySam, thanks for that!) ingame :)
    I modelled a simple siren for the Gavril Grand Marshal Police and added it to the mesh by using Blender. But now, how do I add this as additional Part like the pushbar?

Edit: And is there a way to fix the smoothing groups (these lightning bugs at the doors etc after exporting from blender)? I'm not very skilled with it, i only used it to scale my object and attach it to the car

Sketchup.png
    Blender.png

InGame.png
    (On the right theres the mesh simply spawned ingame, now i would like to transfer the siren to the real Gavril on the left :) )

Edit: Somehow i got it ingame, but it doesnt fit to the car :/

#1 m33p4r34l, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Are you using 3ds max?

I have this exact same problem and can't find a cure. Help from a dev would be hugely appreciated on this one as it would allow me to make mods again!

3. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

Have you set the center of origin to 0,0,0?

5Yweu.jpg

4. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Indeed i have:
    Capture.JPG

Actually managed to solve this by exporting it as a .obj then re importing it then exporting it as a .DAE

#4 Fundador, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  5. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

This is the same problem I was having in Blender a while back. Start by selecting the part in Blender using Object Mode. Press CTRL+A to open the "Apply" menu, then select Location, Rotation, and Scale. It should fix the problem.

6. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

You can also press "Shift C" then set the origin to the 3d cursor in blender. Everything apart from the steering wheel, pedals, needles , handbrake and stalks need to be at 0,0,0. While the steering wheel, pedals, needles, etc need to be at the center of mass? Then the indicator stalks need to be at the end of the stalk that pivots?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

#6 mrniz666, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice