Easier controller binding and input mapping

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MyAKAndI, Jan 6, 2014.

1. MyAKAndI

MyAKAndI
    Expand Collapse

Right now writing input maps aren't exactly user friendly, and for people (Like me) who still don't understand what I'm doing when I attempt to write one, I think a interface for binding buttons to commands would be very helpful. Let me explain better ;
    For anyone who has used the Nintendo 64 emulator , Project64, their controller mapping is super user friendly. You click on the action you want to map (Like the A button) and then it makes you press the corresponding button on the controller. It has a list of everything you need.
    suggsestions.png
    This is the interface. Click the button to the side of the command, then press the button on your controller and bang, you have it binded that easily.

This can be implemented into Drive too! A list of actions on the left (Accelerate, brake, steer, camera control, parking brake, etc) and then the corresponding button on your controller on the right side. This would make the game allot more controller friendly. Instead of wasting hours figuring out what the buttons mean on your controller to your computer, it's almost as easy as a plug-and-play.

Thank you for reading :)

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Has been requested a million times and a million times the answer has been the same: Mile long todo list for this game, but its on there

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice