WIP Beta released West Side Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Autofan, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Set on the west coast USA, West Side Motorsports Park features a small road coarse, auto cross, drift figure of 8, and open areas for demolition derbies. West Side is located along a beach at the foot of a mountain were there will be several off road trails. There are also several small shops and a neighborhood near the track. This is my first level for BeamNG so please don't expect perfection. Enjoy, more things will be improved and added in the future. :D

Here are a few pics:

(imported from here)
    Many of the pictures below are now outdated, many visual improvements and changes have been made since these screenshots were taken. (I'm just to busy to retake all the screenshots :p)

WSMP sign.png Pic01.jpg Pic02.jpg Pic03.jpg Pic04.jpg screenshot_00004.jpg Pic05.jpg Pic07.jpg screenshot_00003.jpg Pic08.jpg Pic09.jpg Pic06.png
    There are currently 10 Bruckell Moonhawk hubcaps like the one in the picture above hidden around the map for the player to find.

Thanks for checking out this thread, will update when more progress has been made. :D ( See below for updates )

(imported from here)
    Some very talented and generous members of this forum made a safety truck for the park.

You can get the D-15 with lights made by chris_lucas on this forum Chris his Emergency vehicle shop - REQUEST HERE EMERGENCY VEHICLES post #33

And you can get the skin made by tom666 from this forum Custom Skin shop - OPEN - 3 new skins! 8/2 post #105

Thank you tom666 and chris_lucas for making this truck. :D

UPDATE 2-10-14

Just want to let everyone know that progress is still being made, It's just very slow at the moment because Life has been very busy for me right now and I have been working on some other levels as well as this one. Once I am finished or at least mostly finished with the forest and foliage I will post more pictures of the level. Hope to have a beta released the day of or around the time of the race update. Of course if the race update is released as soon as this week or this week end, don't expect WSMP to be released that soon.

Thank you everyone for your support. :D

Important: This map is very FPS intensive, It will only work on high end gaming PCs.
    Make sure you put the WestSideMotorsportsPark folder in your levels folder, not the WestSideMP_betaV1.0 folder.
    You may not re-post the entire map, or assets from it anywhere.

Attached Files:

#1 Autofan, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Looks great so far, really looking forward to it!

3. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

If i drive the moonhawk here, that number willl jump by 4. (pun not intended)

4. Carrythxd

Carrythxd
    Expand Collapse

Looking good! :D

5. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

LOL :D

6. jotaonze

jotaonze
    Expand Collapse

Awesome!

7. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Thank You all for your kind words. I am even more motivated to get this map released :D

8. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

That's actually looking pretty cool man, lookin forward to tryin it out.

9. faiden

faiden
    Expand Collapse

looks great so far. i like the treasure hunt part too lol. maybe the fps won't jam up my laptop too much.

10. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I thought the treasure hunt part would be kinda fun.:) Unfortunately the biggest issue i'm facing right now is fps. This map is eating my RAM like candy. Part of the problem is the large amount of foliage, I am probable going to remake the forest to get better fps. Another problem is that there is a large amount of objects. Almost everything is it's own separate object such as the cones in the autocross course, I should have set up the cones in Sketchup and import it as one object instead of like 100 different pieces.:eek: I didn't know better since this is my first terrain. Anyways hopefully a more efficient and simpler forest will make up for the huge amount of objects and I can get more reasonable fps.:)

11. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

The map looks awesome so far! And i wouldn't have thought of the hubcap hunt :p Kudos to you for thinking of something original

12. TrenchNinja

TrenchNinja
    Expand Collapse

Really good looking project, I love the quaintness of a little raceway we can go to.

13. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Thought I would give everyone a little update on the progress of the map. I have been very busy in real life but I have still made some significant progress.

First I am completely remaking the forest, I'm putting the more FPS friendly Blocker trees around the roads and trails so less of the FPS intensive trees have to be used. It is a lot like the foliage along the trails and paths on Dry Rock Island, It looks great from the players POV, and the map is now running much smother. :)

Also I have removed some objects that were slowing the game down because they had high amounts of detail, I'm replacing them with new objects that have much less detail. Although It doesn't look quite as good, the map now runs much better than before. :D

Still have a few more assets to make and texture but I should be able to release a beta relatively soon.

Oh ya I've also been making a lot of laps around the road course and Auto cross track, and have been roaming around the off road trails. All very fun. ;)

Thank you all for your kind words and i'm glad that you are looking forward to it's release. :D

14. Jack Attack

Jack Attack
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait for this. I really like maps that have a challenge aspect to them in which there is a task to complete.

15. boshimi336

boshimi336
    Expand Collapse

Excited for this!

16. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

I have a lot of hope for this track. Sounds like it would be a great place to unleash some hell. I'll keep an eye on this.

17. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Any news?:D

18. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Yep, I wrote some things at the bottom of the first post a day or two ago. Basically life has been very busy for me lately which means less time to work on BeamNG stuff, however I should have some time this week end. Also I have been working on 2 other major map projects (more info on those when more progress has been made) that I have been spending a lot of time on. Unfortunately most of the time spent on those maps has been trying to solve texturing issues. Thankfully every thing on this map is going well and progress on WSMP is being made, and a Beta should be just around the corner. :) The reason I haven't posted any update pictures is because I am still working on finishing the forest, which i decided to remake because it was causing poor FPS. Once the forest is finished I will post more pics. Unfortunately FPS is still not that great and it's looking like that is just the way it's going to be. anyways yes it's coming and progress is being made. :D

P.S. If anyone knows how to export a textured object from Blender and successfully import the object (with all it's textures) into BeamNG I would really appreciate if some one could tell me how to do so or If there is a tutorial some where. Thanks :D

19. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Not quiet sure, usually for testing if i apply a material on an object and load it in game it uses that texture, though i'm just changing colors. I know nothing of uv mapping.

20. PhilthyM

PhilthyM
    Expand Collapse

Hey dude, this is an AMAZING map! I can't wait for the release! You make the trails sound like a lot of fun! Good luck getting better FPS! :D ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice