1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to convert cars from other games to BeamNG for PERSONAL use?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Shdggsdv, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Shdggsdv

Shdggsdv
    Expand Collapse

Knowing that it's probably against the rules to post cars with content stolen from other games - how could I convert a car from another racing game to BeamNG for my own personal use? [Plus - which games might be easiest to convert from aside from ROR].
    I am pretty decent at modding in every sense OTHER than modeling, but have 0 experience with BeamNG. I simply am unable to model myself, and really want to put in a vintage C3 Corvette into my game, like a 1974 Stingray or something. So - again - how might I be able to do this?

2. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Your not going to get help with that here, in this case, google is your best friend.

3. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Unless you are willing to modify the J-beam, there doesn't seem to be a good pre existing J-beam that would match up well with a C3 Corvette.

4. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

You'll most likely have to do some work on the model to get it ingame, but what exactly depends on the model.
    The best models to port would be the most detailed. (No 10 poly underbellies with crude texture detail.)
    Other than that, the wiki would be your best friend in this endeavor.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You would need to convert the model formats to .dae for BeamNG to load (it may well support other model formats, but most mods seem to be .dae and you will likely need to do conversions anyway so might aswell make that to .dae). Then slap on Jbeam. Congrats you've pulled a russian.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice