[WIP] 1996ish Rally Subaru STI

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by TheFeesher, Mar 11, 2014.

1. TheFeesher

TheFeesher
    Expand Collapse

So i have the hood.... kind of. I know Im going to catch alot of crap for this. If there is something that you think I have not read youre welcome to share. But I cant find anything about haw to make cars. I mean, but theyre not in language that someone just starting modeling and/or coding can understand. Literally just started playing SLRR a month ago, modded the hell out of that, man i felt like a badass hahaha, this is unreal though. If anyone can give me anything on making a car that would be great. I have a few main questions:
    1) I have some previous experience with endorphin: natural motion, and took tech ed at my school where we used inventor, and i have used a bit of sketchup to design an exhaust manifold for my car (easiest program ive used in my life). But WTF is a node?!?!?!? Its like points at which stuff happens right? Crumple zones or something right? and if i were to make them are they something thats coded or made with a tool in the world editor? i dont understand their state of being, i guess.

2) In my model im working on, i dont need high def or anything i just want a working model. I was wondering if it was easier to build each panel one at a time or build a whole shell then divide them somehow. and if i were to build one at a time how would i position them in a way that they are flush and look realistic.

3) Once im done with the models of panels and whatnot, do i put them directly in to BeamNG and add nodes of thats a possibility. or just mess with the softbody in Blender.

atm thats all i can think of but ill post when i think of more. but really if someone could post a video of them creating a.....idc....a...rolling turd trailng toiletpaper, from beginning to end, frame of the feces to the feces axels and suspension. that would help so many people, you would be a legend!

Attached Files:

• Attempt post.jpg
  2. Sundown

Sundown
    Expand Collapse

... Why are the headlights different? The signals shouldn't dominate more than 30% of the headlight assembly.

(imported from here)
    Apart from that, I can't think of anything bad about it. And this is coming from a Subaru fanboy. Though I can't catch any other faults, but keep up the good work.

3. TheFeesher

TheFeesher
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, yeah the signals are kinda big, maybe it's to let the trees know which way they're going to turn when going 90mph on a forest trail. Anywayyy though haha this is what I got so far, is there a way to give it a bit more shape?

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
    • image.jpg
    • image.jpg
    • image.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice