1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Transferability of vehicles between RoR and BeamNG?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MindEraser, Aug 14, 2012.

1. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

Hey all, first post over here. Glad to be here.

I'm well aware that Rigs of Rods and BeamNG are two separate projects, however they both revolve around the node/beam concept. So I'm curious, are RoR vehicles transferable to BeamNG? If someone worked hard on making a RoR vehicle, and wanted it in BeamNG, would the process be relatively straightforward, or would the whole thing need to be rebuilt in/with BeamNG? If so, will the settings port over exactly, or will things need to be retuned (such as suspension, engine settings, etc)? Not really talking in terms of meshing as much as the actual physical n/b structure.

The reason I ask is, myself and a few friends have been working on a replica project for Rigs of Rods. We're interested in upgrading to BeamNG (once it's released of course!), however a lot of work has been put into making the vehicle act as closely to the real deal as possible. We're just fearful that we'd have to rebuild it all from scratch, pretty much.

Cheers!

#1 MindEraser, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. MoJoe

MoJoe
    Expand Collapse

I like this idea. I think you could bring the model over but the physics might have to be changed. (but dont quote me on that)

Might be worth doing for me old chum, the Burnside. :3

3. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

If so, I hope Gabester brings his old fleet of RoR Gavrils back. They would look even better in BeamNG.

4. WhiteDeath

WhiteDeath
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG uses totally different N/B design, so the cars will have to be re-made, except the model.
    Transferability from RoR is impossible,unless you want to re-make the whole N/B.

5. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

I almost remember Gabe saying they are thinking about making a program to port RoR vehicles to BeamNG, but you would have to fix some issues and optimize it a bit (as in cleaning up the file, and get everything like it is supposed to be, unlike RoR editor where it gets rid of set_beam_defaults).

So yes, basically you re-make the entire N/B, guessing from Gabe's (or Tom's, I can't remember, I'll search around and edit this post once I find it) post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice