On Hold Alpha MD10

Discussion in 'Land' started by Maj_Turbolag, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Maj_Turbolag

Maj_Turbolag
    Expand Collapse

Greetings, all.

This is my progress on a fictional car I call the Alpha MD10 (Used to be MA-DR). I'm a little nervous as this is my first somewhat successful modelling job, and I'm well aware that there is plenty more work to be done and that there's lot's of better techniques to learn as well.

I began modelling about a year ago as a hobby, and this car is the only decent thing I've made so far. I started modelling it in Blender since August last year, but it''s history actually goes back to late 2009 when it existed as a Spore creation (I know, right? :p)

Thanks to an application called 3DRipperDX, I managed to get the car out of Spore and into Blender. It was messy, but a few hours of cleaning up and re-scaling gave me a good base to start modelling with. As meshes on the new model were finished, meshes from the original model were deleted. There are now no original meshes left.

BeamNG Drive has pretty much been the driving force behind this project. Seeing the things everyone else is making only makes me want to finish this car more.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, and I will finish modelling the car before I attempt any jbeam work.

Update: Updated main post images to final design...again...(03/08/2015)

Attached Files:

• front.jpg
    • side.jpg
    • rear.jpg
    • side2.jpg
    #1 Maj_Turbolag, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Looks fantastic! Good luck :D

3. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

This looks very nice, keep up the good work! :)

4. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

Very nice! Is there a picture of the interior?

5. Maj_Turbolag

Maj_Turbolag
    Expand Collapse

Sure is! :D

Attached Files:

• alphamd10interior.jpg
    • alphamd10interior2.jpg
  6. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

(imported from here)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. JackBegley

JackBegley
    Expand Collapse

5-Speed manual in a modern looking supercar?! That might be the best thing ever! That'll be awesome to play with once they implement some better manual shifting. The current "use the clutch if you want to, but nothing bad happens if you don't" retracts from the realism a bit.

8. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

this vv

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
  9. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

10. Maj_Turbolag

Maj_Turbolag
    Expand Collapse

Being Aussie Right-hand drive came naturally. :p

What can I say? I like the old manuals. Modern where it counts, classic where it counts.

11. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

This car is pretty epic! The look, the curves, the stance, the 5-speed (we all agree on that XD) I love this thing!

Also the windshield seems interesting. It looks like it goes far enough up the roof to practically be the sunroof... is that what it is basically? You could almost have it as a split panel around the scoop and have it as a glass T-top... that would be different XD

#11 atv_123, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  12. Maj_Turbolag

Maj_Turbolag
    Expand Collapse

That idea...it's in my head now...it wont leave...why won't it leave!? :mad:

I always thought of it as just a really big windshield. It's been like that almost from the beginning and it's kinda stuck since. I suppose it could be considered a sunroof.

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I like it, especially right hand drive again (I'm a Brit).

You do appear to be missing instruments (speedo etc) and pedals though. Also watch the poly count, gabester seems to aim for 50000, that isn't a limit set in stone but you do appear to have denser pokies than he does so it wouldn't surprise me if you've hopped over that.

14. Maj_Turbolag

Maj_Turbolag
    Expand Collapse

I know I shouldn't let it get too high. I've been watching polycount like a hawk ever since I started. As of posting the faces counter in blender says 30070, but that's in quads. Tris will bump that up quite a bit further, so I have to be careful.

Also, the interior is far from finished so I'm aware there are things missing. I'm supposed to be making progress on the interior but I keep getting distracted with exterior stuff.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

15. SkilledF1Racer

SkilledF1Racer
    Expand Collapse

Would love to see what a racing version of this would look like :p

Keep up the great work :)

16. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

The design of the rear end is beautiful, fantastic job!

17. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

This looks AMAZING!!! Seeing this in BeamNG would be so much fun!!!!

18. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Best. Car. Ever.

19. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

As far as the missing instruments go, perhaps a HUD on the windshield would work. Sort of like a lot of cars have now with the RPM, Speed, and occasionally the radio (that's what my friends Gran Prix has) but instead it would be the whole instrument cluster! Something like this could probably be achieved with LUA coding, but I have no idea how one would go about doing that...

However, someone that would know would be Miura... Check out the digital HUD compass in the interior of this Quadrotor! That had to have been done in LUA and if something that complicated could be done, I would imagine that this could be as well!

look at the green circle in the center from 18 to 51 seconds, and then again from 1:05 to 2:20

#19 atv_123, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  20. Griffin3300

Griffin3300
    Expand Collapse

Look killer! So excited to see it in game!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice