Car repair like in carmageddon

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ForistalityD, May 3, 2014.

1. ForistalityD

ForistalityD
    Expand Collapse

It would be nice if you guys implemented a different repair option. Just like the one in Carmageddon 2(or reincarnation), where you press and hold a button and the damage on the car is reversed.

Resetting is kind of annoying.
    Just like this.

#1 ForistalityD, May 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Ctrl+R... Deal with it.

3. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

It's been said that sometime in the future you will be able to repair/modify your car in a way similar to the game Street Legal Racing Redline. You will likely be able to select a part for example the right fender and then repair it.

Personally I'm fine with the current reset, although seeing the car get repaired might be kind of cool.

4. jordanpuma

jordanpuma
    Expand Collapse

ahh, nostalgia, that was one good game, it still is.

but the problem with the carma-style repairs would probably be the fact that rebuilding the nodes and reshaping them might be too hard for the game and/or your computer.

5. Kippeth

Kippeth
    Expand Collapse

Just making sure you do know what Carmageddon Reincarnation is, cause uhh yeah, not so much nostaligia when its a new game.

Also Lovin the idea, one of the best in here atm

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

pretty sure he was talking about street legal racing: redline, not carmageddon reincarnation :p

7. jordanpuma

jordanpuma
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I meant street legal, lol.

8. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

I agree! Why can't you just do that?

9. Mumia76

Mumia76
    Expand Collapse

+1 on this.

resetting the car is no fun at all. Sometimes I'd like to repair the car only slightly to be drivable again, instead of resetting it to a mint state. Also since resetting the cars alters the orientation and position of it, 5 out of 10 times I'll end up stuck in some object. Of course that bug could be fixed regardless, to avoid spawning cars stuck on trees.

10. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Please don't bump old threads... This was last posted on in 2014...

11. Mumia76

Mumia76
    Expand Collapse

Please get off my back. Has it been implemented since 2014? Then it's still relevant.

Where I come from we don't open new threads if there is already one for the same topic. It's the polite thing to do.

• Like Like x 2
  12. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

...actually there was a mod made that does this.

13. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

The problem I see with that is you can't really repair one part of cars in game, just like real life. What if the frame is damaged, and a new fender doesn't fit? How would the game do that? What if you wanted to replace the suspension, but the chassis was bent? Replacing the suspension would mean that the nodes where the suspension attaches to the chassis would not be aligned and I don't see how that would work.

14. krayziepunk

krayziepunk
    Expand Collapse

Well, in the Street Legal games, you had the option to repair the frame of the car and to do so, you had to remove every part from the frame. You could also repair individual parts and if the frame was bent, they wouldn't line up quite right.

I would like a interactive garage where you can click on parts to remove or modify them, much like the Street Legal garage.

15. Josef733

Josef733
    Expand Collapse

I made a suggestion like this but it didn't get any attention. But yes I would love this "reverse damage" style of repairing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice