Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Treibal, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Treibal

Treibal
    Expand Collapse

I dont see anything about a Multiplayer in this game, I would like one online and splitscreen (that would be realy fun :D ) But in Multiplayer game you have to can crash other cars, not like in ror... and i know this isnt RoR 2 ^^
    What do you guys think? And i wish i can get a statement from tdev or gabester if its possible to get a multiplayer for this game.
    sorry for my bad english grammar...

2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I don't care for splitscreen, but if there is no multiplayer I don't buy it.

3. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Lol am more of a offline fan. Free roam just me. lol

4. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Multiplayer will definitely make the gam a lot better, but I honestly don't care if there is any or not. Although I do believe I read somewhere that they are planning on adding a multiplayer later on.

5. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

6. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

http://www.beamng.com/faq.php?faq=beamng#faq_multiplayer

Probably not yet, but I'm sure we will see it some time.

I don't see how splitscreen is good, I hate having the screen cut in half, this will look even worse on the 16:9 screens we have now, as opposed to 4:3 back when the consoles always had it. And the load on the computer would double, with single player already pushing the boundaries, splitscreen wouldn't make sense.
    And you can just play multiplayer with friends over skype, it's the same thing and you can both enjoy the game. AND keyboards are really designed for single users, not two, so with the number of options on the cars like in RoR you would probably run out of keys.

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Playing this with a keyboard wont be to great to start with, two people playing with a gamepad each could be fun just for local racing. Steering wheel preferable but not many people own 2 of the same one (fairness).

8. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I would understand if every game had split screen for PC, but they don't because it's pointless, you could just have local multiplayer/lan if you want to play next to a friend, but I still think that just playing online with them is as fun.

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Using LAN can be a little difficult if people own desktops. Nevermind when the only PC's my friends have wont be able to run this (intel integrated garphics on a laptop) then it would be kind of nice to have. Its even more difficult when they have an xbox or ps3. But i can understand why it may not be implemented because most people don't use local MP.

That said it would be nice if a turn based time trial thing could be done locally. aka a local leaderboard for if there are time trial events which two or more people can use with relative ease.

#9 aljowen, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  10. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I hope there is a LAN mode, I'd love to play the game with my brother over LAN.

11. nojokenw

nojokenw
    Expand Collapse

same here. i want LAN, like minecraft, only better besides lan is pretty easy, if they implement it like minecraft. cause you just go to servers and itll show up as a lan world

12. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Which is why you just use normal multiplayer (even make a server for you and your friends). Splitscreen is even worse.
    The way I see it, splitscreen works up to 2 players, otherwise you need an awesome computer and many gamepads, what if you want to play with 2 friends and you play too? Tell them to get PC if they want to play this game xD

Also, to guy above me: You obviously don't know how hard it is to do, it's not as simple as: *click* *add button* "Great job! We now support lan!"
    You would firstly need multiplayer(unless you start with lan, which is awkward) and then add the server to the client if you don't want to start another server to play lan and modify the server to run on lan and not internet. It sounds like an hour of work, right? Yeah, right...
    Not knocking or anything, but
    is obvious that lan servers won't show with the online ones, or you would have a filter, also this isn't minecraft, and once you get a server list or w/e it's just "servers","join xyz", I don't see why there would need to be clarification on that.

13. tom0902000

tom0902000
    Expand Collapse

Raknet would do the job

14. crazykid1297

crazykid1297
    Expand Collapse

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't multiplayer, I hope it gets added soon.

15. CommodoreEU

CommodoreEU
    Expand Collapse

Why is there so much hate for splitscreen? I think it's way more fun playing a multiplayer game with a friend sitting next to you than talking to him over skype :) In my opinion, way to less games have splitscreen these days, and i dont want to carry my whole desktop around all the time!

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Wait, how about a sort of split screen except instead of using one screen, you can have one player per screen if you have multiple monitors?

17. fnughur

fnughur
    Expand Collapse

People like you are the reason why there is war on this planet!

This game needs multiplayer! No splitscreen, LAN or IP based multiplayer. Heck, even dedicated servers would be spectacular!

18. Djhg2000

Djhg2000
    Expand Collapse

I would definitely like a feature like that, now that multiple monitors aren't the witchcraft it was 10 years ago.

I still remember how I got a Hercules Radeon 9000 PCI card for using a second monitor. Nowadays you just connect it to the primary graphics card and automatic configuration takes care of the rest.

On the topic of unfair controls with a keyboard, connecting multiple gamepads is pretty trivial too.

19. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

That would be quite cool.

As for multiplayer itself, it's quite hard to have multiple cars, nevermind the networking involved in that. I hope it won't be too bad, otherwise the only option is lan.

20. Zack240

Zack240
    Expand Collapse

Split screen I doubt will be able to be done anytime soon, as I believe it would be like running two instances of the game. (I'm no programmer, so what do I know.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice