1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Modifying the Fullsize / Garvil Grand Marshal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kippeth, May 29, 2014.

1. Kippeth

Kippeth
    Expand Collapse

Hi there.

Been doing a little work on the Grand Marshal. Just adding a few aftermarket parts. (maybe ill release a pack sometime. 5 and 6 speed transmissions, turbo and supercharger. All upgrades taken from existing power curves or gear ratios)

Anyway, my question was is there any way to add a some camber to the front of the Grand Marshal? Been looking through the suspension jbeam file but perhaps im just being blind.

Hope to get some help soon!
    (oh also, did anyone ever get a timer working on the industrial map? wouldnt mind knowing what my actual laptimes are...)

2. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

No, I don't think you can :(

3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Find the upper arm beams in the front suspension .jbeam and add a "beamPrecompression" line above them, some value below 1.0, to get negative camber. Make sure to reset beamPrecompression to 1.0 after those beams so you're not screwing up the rest of the car.

4. Kippeth

Kippeth
    Expand Collapse

//upper arm
    {"beamDeform":85000,"beamStrength":180000},
    ["fh2r","fx3r"],
    ["fh2l","fx3l"],
    ["fh2r","fx4r"],
    ["fh2l","fx4l"],
    Lines 290-295 in the Fullsize suspension F right?

changing it to
    //upper arm
    {"beamPrecompression":0.9, "beamDeform":85000,"beamStrength":180000},
    ["fh2r","fx3r"],
    ["fh2l","fx3l"],
    ["fh2r","fx4r"],
    ["fh2l","fx4l"],
    ("beamPrecompression":1)

A few things happen, none of which help.
    With that code there, the car will load but wont fall, (not sure what to call this bug seen it a few times) and all the optional extras are overlayed over each other (some interesting wheels for sure)

If you remove the last line ("beamPrecompression":1) then the car will act 'normal' except there will be no upper arms at all (i guess that kinda counts as camber?)

Also perhaps im missing something but i cloned the gearbox code and changed + added more gears. The game accepts the additional gears, but gears 1-4 are still the same ratio.

Thanks for the help gabester.

Edit: turned up beam strength with two extra 0's now handles up to "beamPrecompression":0.65
    Got some camber now :D

#4 Kippeth, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice