Weapons

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by fundahl, Jun 15, 2014.

1. fundahl

fundahl
    Expand Collapse

Just throwing this out there since everyone loves soft-body physics and crashing, ripping it to shreds, etc....

What about some simple projectile weapons? If a virtual bullet was the right shape, velocity and weight would it actually tear through these things realistically? Or at least.... in an entertaining manner?
    I'd love to tear up virtual soft body objects with simulated weapons..... :cool:

Imagine this game multiplayer with weapons.... it'd be like a way cooler version of twisted metal....

Then you could play with gravity/mass weapons.....

What do you guys think?

2. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

i have thought about this many times, and i feel it is a good idea.

also, because you are new, ill go easy. this has been requested before and the community prefers it if you use the search bar to look for threads like this, instead of making a new one.

3. fundahl

fundahl
    Expand Collapse

I only made new because I browsed a bit and didn't see any, plus sometimes it is nice to start fresh. :D

Have the devs replied at all to this idea?

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it isn't going to happen.

5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

No offence but this sounds dumb to me...:p

6. fundahl

fundahl
    Expand Collapse

You like crashing cars but you wouldn't want to shoot them or blow them up?

7. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

No explosions. sowwie bruh. This game isnt going to ever be a war simulator

8. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Yes and no. The physics do simulate metals realistically, but a vehicle's physics skeleton would have to be tens of times denser than the default vehicles' to react to such an acute impact. The result would be immense overhead, extra difficulty incurred during the jbeaming process, and unrealistically heavy or wobbly vehicles.

I'd be content with multiplayer altogether.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

No, just no;) this is a vehicle simulator, and not Battlefeild 74:)

10. Doug7070

Doug7070
    Expand Collapse

Firstly, the devs have said in the past that explosions and/or weapons of any kind aren't on their todo list.

Secondly, BeamNG.Drive's physics engine wouldn't handle bullets striking vehicles properly, as far as I can tell. If a real bullet hits a car it will penetrate most of the components, excluding possibly the engine block or thicker frame elements. Drive is not, to the best of my knowledge, set up to handle physics objects passing through each other in that way, which would cause a bullet to simply create a large dent in a vehicle if implemented into the engine. In the same way, explosions would require a serious addition to the simulation framework to implement properly, and would serve little purpose in a game designed to accurately simulate driving and crashing, not driving through a warzone.

11. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

if they simulated something where the fuel tank can be ripped open, then some sparks hit the fuel puddle, then explosions would be practical, only little explosions though.

12. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

There's a difference between an explosion and ignition of a substance. Lighting gasoline in an open area will yield fire. Nothing more.

13. fundahl

fundahl
    Expand Collapse

Hey I'd be down for that too!

And guys I don't mean like a full on, ultra realistic ballistics calculation deal.... just a fun mode/button where maybe you can throw giant rocks/little rocks at your vehicles with different velocities to enjoy the damage model.... Like Next Car Game playtest

I feel like to get a really hardcore crash it is pretty difficult (mainly because I can't get mouse steering input to work)... I would like to explore the limits of the damage model.... like the gravity thing they are going to implement... that will be fun!

14. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

i was talking about something along the lines of this: http://youtu.be/sLWT2JlgS8Q?t=3m30s

15. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Im assuming that that was a tank which became pressurized by the heat and ruptured, releasing (probably gasoline) at a high rate, causing a fireball. That is *not* an explosion. Explosions are sudden violent expansions of (usually gas) that create a shockwave. Very different from a fireball. And unless somebody makes a mod, there will never be explosions in BeamNG.

16. medion

medion
    Expand Collapse

This game will not be renamed Cars Of Duty and that's that.

17. nathan12276

nathan12276
    Expand Collapse

Why dont we add a million more bendable parts to every vehicle, Like most of the posts that would make the game way to laggy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice