Released BeamNG Mod Installer

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by Dummiesman, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

*discontinued*

as agreed with author

#1 Dummiesman, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  2. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

A Quick Tutorial On How To Use The Repo Maker

Uploading a skin/any single file mod:
    First, find your beamng location. Mine is in
    E:\Drive\BeamNG DRIVE-0.3, remember yours. First you need to set your base folder (the folder that contains your file) for the pigeon, it would be "addpath vehicles\pigeon". (remember to put %20 instead of space) then do the command "addfile" (no "" are at all used in the repo maker at the time of this post) wich is your FULL path, which for me would be "e:\Drive\BeamNG%20DRIVE-0.3\vehicles\pigeon\pigeon_d.dds". If all has gone well (aka it hasnt crashed, if it has you did something worng in the command format) you should be ready to make the .repo. type "write (path here, which for me would be:) e:\anything_here_your_path_has\reponame.repo". If all went well you should have your repo.

Using a multi folder mod (longest):
    This is similar to single file mod, with a few exceptions. Start by doing your path like before, except you need to do every folder you would add, for example: "addpath levels\small_island" then, "addpath levels\small_island\art" on and on until you have every folder you will be putting in a repo. You must then do your folderpath, my drive is located, as stated in the first, in "E:\Drive\BeamNG DRIVE-0.3" so I would do "addfolder e:\Drive\BeamNG%20DRIVE-0.3\levels\small_island 0 (or any number, this is your folder id)" for every single folder you did for the addpath. You should them be ready to create your repo by doing this: type "write (path here, which for me would be:) e:\anything_here_your_path_has\reponame.repo"

Alowing your item to be downloaded through the manager:

Upload your repo to a download site such as dropbox and get your download link, Mine for a unreleased mod (will be released with the race update) is this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84397374/Brands Hatch.repo, run the command "makelink (your link) (t/f for copy to clipboard)" once done your link could look like this: bngmm://cmVwbzF8aHR0cHM6Ly9kbC5kcm9wYm94dXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tL3UvODQzOTczNzQvQnJhbmRzSGF0Y2gucmVwbw== . you should be done now, just link it in your forum post and it should be downloadable.

​If anything is incorrect please msg me.
    Created by ryakra, one of the beta testers. YOU CANT SEE THIS AT ALL SHHHH

#2 ryakra, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

in order to keep you informed: we will roll out our own repository system at some point in time, replacing systems as this completely.

4. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

You can use my mods if you want. :)

5. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait for it :), Hope it gets an app in BeamNG :D

- - - Updated - - -

Using the .repo file creator you can allow your mods to support the bngmm:// protocol by yourself :p

6. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

Ok I will try.

7. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

haha i remember when you guys were saying not to make certain things because the race update would include them, and then 6 months later there still aren't those things. How soon homie? bro? bruh? bruv? BRRUUUVVAAAA

8. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

race update... Not pre-race update.

9. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

real life happens, you know.

10. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

I'm not mad or anything lol

11. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

In support with this, I've had people tell me my game was dead because I hadn't posted a picture for 2 days, it was during school and exams and such and It got me so annoyed. .-.

- - - Updated - - -

Version 1.5 is out with some bugfixes
    -Clicking skip all works now
    -Overwrite and overwrite all behaviors fixed

12. defib

defib
    Expand Collapse

What's all this hooplah about? C4wXdRs.png

13. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

It's about Chrome being retarded. I tested it on many anti virus sites and most got a 1/40 detection rating [1 in 40 scanners "found" "malware" (false positive)], seems some virus scanner doesn't like... a setup? .-.

Maybe I should zip it or something? I wouldn't do all this to promote malware lol

14. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Chrome is BEYOND retarded in this respect, which is why it isn't my main browser. To get by this, click the dropdown arrow and there should be an option to keep the file.

15. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

OMG IT WORKS! :D NO MORE EXTRACTING! I AM SICK OF IT!

16. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

This is why I haven't got any mods in my game haha. Downloading, opening, extracting ,closing, repeat. That's a lot of work if you're getting over 2 mods. :p

UPDATE!
    Version 1.6 is out, main changes are as follows
    • Version is now in title bar
    • Repo maker can reset your BeamNG path, no need for the reg file
    • Managed exception handling for file errors (e.g. a 404 error will throw a proper error and not say "an exception has gone unhandled)

Download in first post, as always :)

17. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

usually there is a keep option, not this time. you have to click dismiss, then click CTRL+J, click "Recover Malicous File" and choose the "Hurt Me Plenty" option :p

18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Problem should be solved anyways, It's not named "setup.exe" anymore and it's zipped. God damn false positives. it happens almost every time I make an app someone gets a false positive. Annoys me to no end.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE!
    Version 1.61 is out, main changes are as follows
    • New check to see if game folder still exists, if not asks you to re-select folder

19. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We are not supporting this or encourage users to use this. This locks away the content in a proprietary, unsupported 3rd party mod file with a custom protocol that will users confuse more than it actually helps right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice