1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Some questions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by The GUY, Jul 2, 2013.

1. The GUY

The GUY
    Expand Collapse

Ok This game is going to be great when do you think it going to be realased soon i hope.:D
    I read a post about prices and DLC This is what i think.
    The price is good with that its going to cost more whem more features but please no DLC please NO DLC!!!:mad:
    I think DLC is unneccesary it more for FPS games like BLACK OPS BUT NOT TO BEAMNG PLEASE!!!

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I don't see a problem with DLC. I don't think they have even confirmed a price or if there will even be DLC. It's all just speculation at this point.

3. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Their reply: "There is no price model yet"

Though I can recall them saying there might be DLCs such as: "Track Racing" and "Offroading" which are different aspects of cars, so if you only want to do offroading-you just buy that DLC.

Personally, as long as there is a "season pass" or "gold edition" type thing, I wouldn't mind since I'd buy it all. But generally, I dislike DLCs.

4. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

To me, DLC is a tool used by publishing companies to still get money off of used copies. (hence why DLC isn't really there in PC exclusive games, or doesn't really fit the original theme of the game if it is.) If BeamNG is digitally distributed, it shouldn't be a major problem. I could see paying extra for something that took a long time and a lot of work from the entire team, (think airplanes, airplane specific missions and maps big enough to make airplane gameplay more practical than using cars.) but I really don't want to see soft incompatibility in BeamNG, it's one of the biggest turnoffs I've seen in games. (Getting kicked from a lobby because you haven't bought map pack x, or watching everyone else waltz off to a part of the map (Big Surf Island in BP, the Airport in NFS:MW2012) that I can't follow them to.) Basically, to be forced to buy the DLC to play the game.

5. The GUY

The GUY
    Expand Collapse

Yea i know but i just asked it was what i thinked but lets see what it going to be.

6. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

I just take the van for offroading, it's fine for that I think :D Oh hell yeah!

7. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

I would rather prefer a "gold edition" with all DLC then buy all DLC apart from each other too. But I don't really like DLC in general too.

8. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Don't worry, nothing like that will happen. If there's DLC it will be totally self contained and not at all necessary to purchase.

9. Nothanks

Nothanks
    Expand Collapse

Thats why I love you guys, you are the best dev's. You are social on the forum and you let us know if you updated anything! Let me take my hat off for you....if i hade one haha:) I really hate DLC I never bought one because I think that the makers shuold have the new progress in the game instead of taking more money for the game

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Gabester, I love you. Thank you.

11. The GUY

The GUY
    Expand Collapse

Oh thanks gabester now i know that great work beamng hope it going to be realased soon.

12. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

Basically what gabester means is this:

dlc mona lisa.jpeg

1999 one is how this game's 'DLC' is.
    Now one is how normal game 'DLC's are nowadays :p

Note: The prices mentioned are NOT what the DLC prices will be

13. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

True that:mad:

14. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Too damn true.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice