Real Life Car Mods-Post Them

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by SHOme1289, Aug 10, 2014.

1. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

Searched, couldn't really find specifically THIS type of thread...Basically, what have you done to your car? Fuzzy Dice? Stereo System? Fart Can/Pineapple Shooter?

2012 Mazda3 2.5S 6 Speed:
    Obviously these are stock photos, but I can get some real ones once I clean the bitch :p
    CorkSport Cold Air Intake (Short Ram):
    CAI.jpg
    CorkSport Shifter Bushings:
    Bushings.jpg
    CorkSport Rear Sway Bar:
    Sway.jpg
    CorkSport Rear Motor Mount Insert:
    insert.jpg
    2 12" Alpine Type S with Kenwood 1000W Monoblock Amp (pic coming soon, trunk is a DISASTER right now)
    Stealth Slim HID 6000K 35w kit (mounted on the underside of the headlight housing, no picture possible currently)
    Wheel Locks
    I am currently in the process of waiting for my OBDII cable from Dynotronics. Send them a deposit, pay for the service basically, and in return you can remotely tune your ECU via email-sent Maps that you flash while driving, data-logging, etc. 3rd gear WOT pulls, etc. Promising over 30HP jump from factory (the 2.5 in my car is very undertuned from factory). Stock, she makes a TAD under 170HP and 170lb/ft. This should easily raise it up to about 200, (I am hoping for 215+) while actually remaining dependable, as well as increasing MPG (the car gets TERRIBLE mpg). Redline is also very low, it is at 6200RPM, so I am looking to bump that up to about 7000. Will post updates, but I am waiting for a week or so to recieve everything in the mail.

Otherwise, I guess I will update this post with more stuff that I wind up doing. I want to get the front tower brace, full engine mount replacement, Stage2 Clutch (once mine burns out)stickier tires, MazdaSpeed 3 rims (18" FTW), lowering springs, shocks/dampers, Front sway bar, more sound deadening (cuz that system doh) etc etc etc. CorkSport is a very nice company that specializs in Mazda stuff. Check them out if you own a Mazda: http://www.corksport.com/

2. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Some mods of mine:
    paint.png
    Shiny paint
    SSRFM.png
    Sexy wheels

That's about it... (apart from fixing many things)

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Must say I detest HID's. Its actually illegal in all US states and the UK to fit an HID bulb in a halogen housing, the beam spread patterns are very different and on a headlamp with its vertical alignment set as low as possible it will usually be more dazzling than a halogen on fullbeam. In an actual HID housing, cool, whatever, but I am yet to see a conversion kit that does include replacement reflectors and as a road user being repeatedly dazzled by aftermarket kits I now hate them. Whats really bad is the manufacturers of these kits who make absolutely no indication of the legal status of them (one of the UK highways acts even refers directly to "HID conversion kit" in its wording).

As for my car mods. Not worth modding a 1 litre engine car. Its a Vauxhall Corsa, usually popular with the boy racers (or ricers in american english - except over here they use any car not just japanese cars) but as far as I am concerned there is hardly anything worse than seeing a bodykit on a car and the suspension slammed ridiculously low, its not like slamming looks any better (certainly not to me) and yet handling wise you are worse off with a slammed/high camber setup. Its only non stock features are a chinese manufactured catalytic converter instead of a vauxhall/opel original and a sony CDX-GT210 stereo.

4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

My car comes standard with projector beams :) I am going to retrofit some REAL HID projectors, and get a 55W kit, and yellow HID fogs, independant of course, with the glare blocker (its already installed in the fogs too, just swap the bulb). Major improvement over stock hals

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

yeah on a car that comes with an HID unit as stock they're fine, just the aftermarket mods on halogen cars - got fullbeamed by one during broad daylight once and genuinely had to pull over somewhere because I couldnt see properly. People with fullbeams on when someone is oncoming = cunts. People with headlights on during daylight = cunts. People with foglights on when its not foggy = cunts (although at least they arent bright enough to really dazzle you)

6. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that a bunch of cunts around where I live ALWAYS have HiBeams on...Now I just full beam the shit out of them until they realize what they are doing lol

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, been thinking about getting another skoda felicia and scaring myself with thoughts of turning it into a sleeper car of sorts. This can only end badly. Although thankfully I have limited access to any sort of tooling so can't actually carry out any conversions to make a felicia into a sleeper so it can't end badly as it can't even begin \o/
    Although apparently the volkswagen 1.4 16v AFH engines do go into the felicia fairly nicely...

8. enespano

enespano
    Expand Collapse

I have an infiniti g35s with custom bbs rks and exhaust system

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

#Koni2014
    aY5zu.jpg
    Soon limited slip diff *heavy breathing*
    Later faster steering rack(the fastest I can get), going to try to get the best steering feel I can get, no idea if it's possible but see if I can change "how much" powersteering it has... Doubt that's a thing you can change though... If possible I might even try to disable power steering all together, but I'd need to do that in a way that I can put it back on if I don't like it...
    Later(or at same time as limited slip) poly bushings all round...

10. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

@headlight during daylight part

if you don't like that, i highly suggest NOT coming to the US, there are some parts of freeways and highways and stuff where you are required to have your headlights turned on, no matter the time of day

11. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I don't have a picture of them currently, but my truck (well my dads, but it's practically mine since he has a different daily driver) has a k&n performance air filter/intake. My dad installed it some years back. That's about the only car mod on my truck. Unless you count rhino lining the truck bed. I really need new speakers, but I can't justify buying some for my dad's truck.

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Someone linked me to that before, only the running lights were required although it seems US lighting may be different from UK (where all cars have a parking light setting which essentially can act as a daytime running setting, very small bulb lights up and the tail lights come on, can stare into it without dazzling).

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

we also have parking lights, but it's illegal to only use parking lights (at least in cali)

14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Cali is full of liberals running rampant and making stupid laws.
    It doesn't represent the whole of the u.s. very well.
    I'm not familiar with any type of law like that here. I think its just the good-ol-fashioned sundown to sunrise rule.

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Whats funny is that even though cali is more expensive to live in then most other states, my family cant even afford to visit anyone out of state, let alone move out of cali :p

16. Bobmc757

Bobmc757
    Expand Collapse

Where I live, it seems to be more and more now that during the night people either have no lights on or have high beams on. Anyway one of my favorite mods, although it's not for performance, is this:

download.jpg
    I don't own a set of these but I wish I did.

17. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I haven't done much at all to my car, reasons being:
    1. There's literally no aftermarket support for the 2.6L 12v engine, since it was only available in Europe and Asia. (N.America got the juicy 2.8; most moddable engine is the 1.8t though)
    2. The car still looks fantastic today, even though the exterior design is a product of the late 80s.

But what has been done to the car?

Subtle spoiler that matches quite well with the rest of the car. Super stealth since it looks like a factory option.

(imported from here)

Facelift OEM rims lifted from a written-off B5.5 A4. Excuse the filth.

(imported from here)

Tape at 12'o clock on the steering wheel because race car (and definitely not because the leather is peeling severely).

(imported from here)

Deleted grille inset because weight reduction for TRACK DAY BRO, and not because I lost it on a motorway sometime in the last couple years. Again, excuse the grot paintwork and filth.

(imported from here)

Reshaped bonnet for better aero (This was a previous owner's handiwork, I swear!)

(imported from here)

Other mods are standard stuff. Sound systems, OBD adaptations and the like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice